No announcement yet.

Dan Uggla Traded to Braves for IF Omar Infante and LHP Mike Dunn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love that no one is mad at the guy who said no thanks to 4 yrs 48 million. Go ahead, all 15 of you yell at me. Stugotz
    love that mibs leaves out that part from the lebatard gang

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      love that mibs leaves out that part from the lebatard gang
      wow

Comment

• I mean, he wanted 5 years and $71 million, yet somehow the Marlins are in the wrong for trading him. That's mind-boggling.

Comment

• Would be nice if one of the Marlins columnists tomorrow sides with the organization and isn't all uppity like the general public is?

What the hell is an Infante anyway? amirite?

Comment

• mad no thanks to 4 yrs 48 million. Go me. ugz
            /Mibs selective editing

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
              5/$71 is just pathetic
              LOL

Dan: I think I'm awesome, I want $14 a year
              Agent: No you dont
              Dan: Why? Should it be $12? $13? Am I being greedy?
              Agent: No. What you want, is a fuck you $1 million spread out over 5 years. You want $200,000 a year
              Dan:....... You are a genius
              Agent: I know, you will totally get this money. Anything less is pathetic. $48 million? Chump change.

Comment

• Gonna miss that terrible AC commercial Danny was in.

Comment

• The thread on this at Retard land is fun.

WHENNN WILL THIS f***ING TEAM FORGET BONIFACIO WHENNNN I CANT DEAL WITH THIS ANYMORE I LITERALLY WANT BONIFACIO IN JAIL JUST SO HE DOESNT PLAY FOR US!!!!!!!
                  Whatever, let me prepare myself for another year of damn irrelevance.
                  omar infante and who? wtf????
                  I'm honestly not sure I can watch this team next year. I'm deadly serious, and I'm not usually the type to overreact. I'm still waiting for the silver lining or the good spin.
                  What a terrible, impulsive trade, I'm literally angry with rage.

"Literally angry with rage" is my new favorite thing.
                  poop

Comment

• I hope all these people jump into the ocean and get eaten by sharks.

Comment

• A scout tells me that it's a good deal for Marlins and Braves. Dunn has closer stuff. Infante proven
                      /Twitter
                      /Frisaro
                      /ehe

Comment

• Dan has proved he is completely unsignable to every team in baseball. The Marlins, and the industry, no doubt all knew this as all the information is leaked with contract demands.

Uggla becomes a 1 year rental, and honestly... with the way no one is going to give him money, maybe he would actually accept arbitration in year 7 and not a contract and bank on $15 million in one year? i.e., rendering the two draft pick compensation totally void, like how the Braves got fucked with Rafael Soriano last year.

If that's the case, this becomes a 1 year rental deal straight up and maybe not even draft picks. I would have liked to see more with a big minor league SP prospect.... but I don't think any of us can claim the Marlins didn't do their due diligence before dealing with Atlanta.

We got a pretty good infielder (albeit, signed for 1 year but we should probably extend him for 2 to be a platoon 2B starter/premier bench player) that is cheap, and a really really really wicked young left hander. Plus, money to sign Buck, and probably another lefty reliever/lefty for the bench/both. Plus, no threat of paying Dan to much in 2013 and 2014.

Secondly,

2010 WAR

Uggla 5.1
                        Paulino 1.1
                        Maybin .4

Buck 2.9
                        Infante 2.1
                        Whoever plays 3B/CF opposite CC needs a 1.6

Yes, I understand it is very rough math, but Uggla DID overachieve on BABIP and his defense isn't going to get better. Buck's numbers are better outside of Toronto lately and catchers usually come into their own older. Infante, has done this for two years and that is not asking for a lot. Not included in this, is the additional players we will sign with the money Uggla is not getting. This is a lot.

What did we lose here? In fact, the offense is like a wash already, and the bullpen just got super charged. We don't live in a land of infinite payroll where we keep Uggla and add things around him.

I'm not mad at any of the moves so far. The only thing I am furious on is, holy fuck play Infante/Coghlan at 2B/3B in some combination and sign a god damn center fielder. Then if Dominguez pushes someone (Infante) out of the lineup, that just makes the bench awesome?

This is turning into a near perfect offseason. Only things left to do is (1) move Nunez, (2) lefty starter, (3) center fielder, (4) lefty reliever, and (5) lefty bench off bat. And with Nunez and $5+ million to spend, they should be able to pull this off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                          I hope all these people jump into the ocean and get eaten by sharks.
                          Those are the people mibs is worried about.
                          poop

Comment

• Bob, can you be angry with love?
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• If I used the twitter, I would say

"It is better to get rid of a player 1 year early, than 1 year late"

Comment

• Originally posted by Swift View Post
                                He had to go if 4/48 wasn't getting done. This trade sucks, but it's good if we spend the money on a legit SP.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X