No announcement yet.

Marlins Interested in Tony Pena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Edwin made any insane moves by the way? Maybe I just haven't paid as much attention but I haven't been too upset with many of his moves that I can recall.

Comment

He leaves starters in too long. Can't blame him for that though.

Comment

He's exceeded expectations with what he's been given. One thing I've loved about him this season is that he took Nuñez job away; which shows that if you don't perform to expectations you might be demoted from your role.

Comment

yeah I agree. and no, he hasn't made weird moves or lineup decisions like Fredi did so often.
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I think Edwin has done a pretty solid job and deserves the opportunity to manage next season. I don't see what Pena brings to the table that Edwin doesn't.

Comment

Too much wes helms starting is my only big complaint

He ditched that one thing Fredi always did where the bench player gets the same line up spot as the starter right (WES HELMS CLEAN UP WOO)? We've had so many change in starters that it's hard to remember, but he seems to put the best line up out there rather than where guys are "comfortable"

Comment

Well, he doesn't exactly have many options at third base. It's either Helms, Tracy, or Luna.

Comment

Murphy before and bonifacio now.

And not just 3b but 1b too. Logan at 1b would give Cousins a chance to start.

Plus I'd rather give starts to Luna to see if he's worth retaining next year (I believe he's arbitration eligible)

He has been starting less in September though.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                    Murphy before and bonifacio now.

And not just 3b but 1b too. Logan at 1b would give Cousins a chance to start.

Plus I'd rather give starts to Luna to see if he's worth retaining next year (I believe he's arbitration eligible)

He has been starting less in September though.
                    Eh, I'd prefer to keep Bonifacio as far away from third as possible.

Comment

It's also much easier to fire Edwin next year, or before 2012, if the team needs "a spark" or some headlines for the new stadium than it is to fire a guy who you just hired before the 2011 season started. Edwin will have been here for longer and it'll be easier for them to justify from a PR perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                        Eh, I'd prefer to keep Bonifacio as far away from third as possible.
                        I certainly agree that I don't want him starting in a "let's see if he's a good starter for next year" kind of thing (And I can't believe how many pro-starting bonifacio posts there have been). And I also agree I like him a LOT more in CF where he's actually very good defensively rather than the IF where he struggles.

But he is a young player without much ML experience who'll likely be on our ML roster for a few more years; Getting him reps and experience without it costing us anything is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                          Too much wes helms starting is my only big complaint
                          Yeah but that's pretty much out of his control.

Comment

Working...
                          X