Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is This the Straw That Breaks Loria's Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Festa View Post

--------------------
    HAHAHAHA

We dumped Cody to gt Maybin playing time!!!
    --------------------
    We've got the 5th best record in the NL over the last 5 years!!!
    <- my actual reaction when he said that.

Comment

He really makes me angry.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
        <- my actual reaction when he said that.
        Well, that's basically what Tommy said last night. Our spending is fine because we won the WS in 2003 and because of Gaby, Stanton and Logan

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
          Well, that's basically what Tommy said last night. Our spending is fine because we won the WS in 2003 and because of Gaby, Stanton and Logan
          I could give two shits what Tommy Hutton says though. When the President of the team is hanging his hat on that fucking stat in which we haven't even made it to the post-season in those 5 fucking years it's fucking pathetic.

Comment

I like how he said he needed to ask the PR Department for the exact number.

Comment

The Fish probably could have made the postseason fairly easily the past 2 years. I agree with that. Has Loria ever promised to increase the payroll any year other than the new stadium year? I believe he will be a man of his word. I also believe we will have a dirty team in 2012. Absolutely dirty.

Comment

Never promised to increase payroll. We were promised to have "payroll match revenue." Plenty of shenanigans can ensue.

Comment

Originally posted by Coolcucumber View Post
                  The Fish probably could have made the postseason fairly easily the past 2 years. I agree with that. Has Loria ever promised to increase the payroll any year other than the new stadium year? I believe he will be a man of his word. I also believe we will have a dirty team in 2012. Absolutely dirty.
                  Hes never even said he will raise payroll in the new stadium year. The line has always been "payroll will match profits"(or something rather similar to that).

Swift beat me to it.
                  Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

If only we had a real commish in this sport instead of a figurehead.

Comment

If only teams with low payrolls were forced to sacrifice their right to take part in revenue sharing. That'd put a kick in Loria's ass.

Edit: well nah, I guess that wouldn't be fair to the other teams. So, if the Marlins were forced to sacrifice their right to revenue sharing, I guess. lol
                      *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                        Hes never even said he will raise payroll in the new stadium year. The line has always been "payroll will match profits"(or something rather similar to that).
                        Quoted you rather than shenanigan guy (I appreciate you too, shenanigan guy)

Anyways, I always heard it would be average. Didn't know they did this whole politician type talk. It sounds very slippery.

Comment

Don't want to paint yourself into a corner.
                          --------------------
                          (a corner of spending money)
                          Last edited by Beef; 08-25-2010, 08:43 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Beef's completely right. Promises are bad.

It's unfortunate that we as fans trust them this little, though (and that they've given us no reason to trust them, either).

Comment

I can't wait til MLB runs Loria out of Baseball. Let him sue MLB, it's obvious everybody hates him and knows what a greedy owner he is, he can't win anything if he sues MLB, specially after all these reports have been leaked. Loris should have no right to own an MLB team, as for Samson, he can just go to hell.

Comment

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Working...
                                X