No announcement yet.

Ricky Nolasco Undergoing Tests for Torn Meniscus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we rarely spend money so I'd rather spend it on a more certain thing than a "don't think"

I don't think that's that unreasonable, especially when Nolasco has been dominating at times and AAA-worthy at others
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Regardless, if he doesn't pitch tomorrow, we all get the joy of seeing Andrew Miller start.

Comment

Volstad and Miller on back to back days. I'd rather watch Bonifacio and Mike Lamb hit 1-2 in the lineup.
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Meniscus tears aren't a big deal at all. If this team was in the race, Nolasco could probably come back in like 3 weeks and just get it shot up before he pitched. I wouldn't expect the injury to hurt him much, if at all, in future contract negotiations (even if the organization is cheap), but if he covered it up and the team had to learn from his agent, that's not going to go over well.

That said, there's definitely a silver lining in all of this. Assuming Ricky gets surgery and the team shuts him down for the year, as they should since there's no playoff race to worry about, Ricky's going to finish the year having thrown only 155 innings. That's good long-term for his arm, considering his workload (200 innings in 2009, ~215 innings in 2008) and some of the worries about him eventually breaking down.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
            Meniscus tears aren't that severe. He'd for sure be ready by ST next year.
            Seriously, it's not a huge deal in the least, as injuries go
            CSBC Commish

Comment

MarlinsMedia: #Marlins Ricky Nolasco has torn medial meniscus in right knee; LHP Andrew Miller will start tomorrow vs Hou.
              /Twitter

Comment

Miller time boys!
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

He's not going on the DL. Capozzi reports that Edwin hopes Ricky can start Saturday in Atlanta.

Comment

Marlins pitcher Ricky Nolasco will miss his scheduled start Sunday because of a torn medial meniscus in his right knee and could be out much longer.

Nolasco said he injured his knee Thursday, hearing a "pop" as he changed his shoes while sitting at his locker.

"It was kind of a fluke thing," Nolasco said. "I can't really believe this has happened to me. It's frustrating, but I have to be smart about it. There's not much I can do now."

Marlins manager Edwin Rodriguez said left-hander Andrew Miller, who was recalled from Class AA Jacksonville on Thursday, will start Sunday's series finale against the Houston Astros. Miller, a former first-round pick of the Detroit Tigers who came to Florida in the Miguel Cabrera trade, has spent the entire season in the minors.

Rodriguez said that Nolasco will not go on the disabled list just yet.

"Hopefully, it's not that serious," Rodriguez said after the Marlins' 6-3 victory over the Astros on Saturday night.

Marlins outfielder Chris Coghlan tore his meniscus in late May while celebrating a victory and will miss the rest of the season after undergoing surgery.

Nolasco said the plan is to wait a few days for the swelling to subside in his knee before a determination is made whether he can pitch again this season. Either way, Nolasco said he likely will need surgery to repair the problem.

"We'll test it to see what I can and can't do," Nolasco said. "Maybe I can play with it the rest of the year and not have surgery until after the season. I just got to wait and see.

"I'd like to continue the year and have success. But I'm not going to gamble with my career."
                    Marlins pitcher Ricky Nolasco sidelined by knee injury

Comment

Marlins outfielder Chris Coghlan tore his meniscus in late May
                      I still wish someone could explain to me how the fuck these writers get jobs with the massive number of obvious mistakes they make

Comment

So Coghlan goes down in a celebration and Nolasco putting on his shoes....schhweeet.

Comment

Fire the trainer, we have pussy players here
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Damn, this is too bad. Ricky was having a nice little end to his season and then this happens.

Comment

apparently it's no big deal so don't get upset BP, that's what I've been told

Comment

It's probably the least serious injury he could have had with a some what extended recovery.

You were going pretty over board.

Comment

Working...
                                X