X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Nolasco Undergoing Tests for Torn Meniscus

Links and stuff to come when it's up
    --------------------
    #Marlins Ricky Nolasco may have a torn meniscus. They are checking to see if he does
    Joe Frisaro's twitter
    --------------------
    Hearing rumblings that Ricky Nolasco may have a torn mensicus. Checking. Stay tuned #Marlins
    JoeCap
    Last edited by Ramp; 08-21-2010, 04:15 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Shit on.

So hard.

Comment

joecapMARLINS: Ricky Nolasco walking around clubhouse w brace on his right knee. Wont talk to reporters. Edwin wants to talk to trainer. #Marlins
      /Twitter

Comment

fuck sake

Comment

Well, at least it's not an arm injury...but still, FUCK.

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
            Well, at least it's not an arm injury...but still, FUCK.
            exactly what I was thinking.

If it's torn, what's his ETA? Will he be ready for ST?

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
              exactly what I was thinking.

If it's torn, what's his ETA? Will he be ready for ST?
              I would assume so. At the very least, he'd more than likely be ready for opening day.

/doctor.

Comment

oh noes

also there goes his contract. give the money to iron mike instead
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                  oh noes

also there goes his contract. give the money to iron mike instead
                  Just because of a knee injury?

Comment

Team is pissed off. Had to learn from his agent of the injury.

Comment

I'd say probably yes. I mean, for a team that rarely gives out contracts, why would they hand out a contract in the offseason to a guy who is currently injured, who they don't know how he'll rebound from said injury, and who's posted a 4.50+ ERA over the last 330 innings? Obviously we all know how good he can be but I don't know why they'd shell out a long term deal if he was injured, before at least seeing how he rebounded after surgery and/or rehab
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Meniscus tears aren't that severe. He'd for sure be ready by ST next year.

Comment

4-8 week recovery

Comment

for me it's not a matter of whether he's ready, it's a matter of how he'll look when he's back from it. injuries affect different people differently, and I think it'd be foolish to hand him a multi-year deal, unless it's a straight up steal, without at least seeing how he looks first

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                              for me it's not a matter of whether he's ready, it's a matter of how he'll look when he's back from it. injuries affect different people differently, and I think it'd be foolish to hand him a multi-year deal, unless it's a straight up steal, without at least seeing how he looks first
                              A lot of athletes can play with a torn meniscus, once he gets it repaired I don't think there will be much of an issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X