X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronny Paulino Suspended 50 Games

Details coming...

by Joe Capozzi
    Florida Marlins catcher Ronny Paulino has received a 50-game suspension after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance in violation of Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

The suspension of Paulino is effective immediately, beginning tonight, when the Marlins host the Houston Astros.

“To control my weight this season, I used a dietary pill. Regretfully, I recently learned that the dietary pill contained a substance banned under Major League Baseball’s drug policy,” Paulino said in a statement issued by the team.

“I am ashamed and saddened for disappointing and distracting my family, my teammates, the entire Florida Marlins’ organization, and baseball fans. My heartfelt and most sincere apology.

“I accept full responsibility and all consequences for this mistake and therefore, choose not to challenge my suspension. I was irresponsible for failing to take all precautionary steps in confirming the approval of the dietary pill. Without a doubt, I have learned from my mistake.”

This means the Marlins will go with the catching tandem of Brett Hayes and Brad Davis — two guys who spent most of the year in the minor leagues.

Meanwhile, several reports say an unspecified National League team has claimed outfielder Cody Ross on waivers.

This means the Marlins could be working a trade for Cody, but they also could be measuring the interest in him.
    Last edited by Swifty; 08-20-2010, 03:16 PM.

No wonder he played everyday.

Comment

oops
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

FUCK
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Brad Davis has been recalled to take his place.

Comment

Pwnted
            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Well, whatever he was taking clearly wasn't helping.

Comment

Meybe not performance wise but he played almost every fucking day.

Comment

Here's the lowdown:

by Joe Capozzi
                  Florida Marlins catcher Ronny Paulino has received a 50-game suspension after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance in violation of Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

The suspension of Paulino is effective immediately, beginning tonight, when the Marlins host the Houston Astros.

“To control my weight this season, I used a dietary pill. Regretfully, I recently learned that the dietary pill contained a substance banned under Major League Baseball’s drug policy,” Paulino said in a statement issued by the team.

“I am ashamed and saddened for disappointing and distracting my family, my teammates, the entire Florida Marlins’ organization, and baseball fans. My heartfelt and most sincere apology.

“I accept full responsibility and all consequences for this mistake and therefore, choose not to challenge my suspension. I was irresponsible for failing to take all precautionary steps in confirming the approval of the dietary pill. Without a doubt, I have learned from my mistake.”

This means the Marlins will go with the catching tandem of Brett Hayes and Brad Davis — two guys who spent most of the year in the minor leagues.

Meanwhile, several reports say an unspecified National League team has claimed outfielder Cody Ross on waivers.

This means the Marlins could be working a trade for Cody, but they also could be measuring the interest in him.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

O well, see what we got in Hayes and Davis.

Comment

Call up Skipworthless!

Comment

Really not a big deal, since the season is over and he'll only miss 8 games next year.

Comment

You think he's back next year?

Comment

I think it's probable. He'll only be making around 2m, and we have nothing in the system that is a legit option to platoon with Baker.

Comment

why do they always say they were taking something they didnt know was against the rules.. that excuse is so played out. Sucks that it happened, but at least the bulk of suspension is during pretty much meaningless games this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X