Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Stanton Extends Hit Streak; I Think Marlins Lost 7-1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Festa View Post
    Is this shit really necessary?
    mm hmm; if you think her overreacting to anything Volstad is going to lead to quality discussion or that people should have to waste their time repeating the same crap to her over and over again, I think you are wrong.

Comment

What does her job have anything to do with the discussion?

Comment

It serves as an example of how she applies the random meaningless quotes she searches for.

Comment

And you think my job shows my education level? I don't see you bashing Hugg because he works overnights at the desk at the Red Roof Inn (just citing an example since I don't know what most of you do. No offense is intended). You can't judge a person's education by their job alone.

To address this; A.) I am in management, B.) I don't work overnights all the time, and C.) I have a bachelor's degree. You're making me sound like I dropped out of school in junior high.
          Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 08-17-2010, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I'm not judging you by your job or education. I'm judging you by what you keep writing about Volstad.

Comment

No, you're being a dick.
              poop

Comment

Perhaps that, but I am not judging her based on her education or job.

Comment

I think you did.
                  poop

Comment

I judged based on how she applied a ridiculously irrelevant quote.

Comment

I don't care how much Volstad and West suck the rest of the season. They need to be making starts and someone needs to take over Anibal's spot.

Comment

You judged by how a person who works at Walgreens would apply a ridiculously irrelevant quote. Which is dickish but really, everyone is dickish to a degree.

Walgreens is the Saks 5th Avenue of the pharmacy industry. It leads me to an interesting question, however...how come Walgreens and CVS always open up stores basically right across the street from eachother?
                        Last edited by Todd; 08-17-2010, 11:56 AM.
                        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

lol

Comment

I have always wondered that as well. It reminds me of the Movie Goodburger, with the two competing businesses.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I was trying to think of why this thread would have more than one page... then I remembered "Oh yeah, Volstad start" when I clicked in
                              CSBC Commish

Comment

I think people assigned extra value to him because he was our first pick in a draft where we took five pitchers before the 2nd round. His performance and peripherals in the minors indicated that he would be a 3rd starter at best, he hasn't continued to improve as he's advanced through the system, and his current performance is in line with someone who has iffy control, a mediocre fastball, and an inconsistent breaking ball. He hasn't continued to improve from his performance in the minors, and it shouldn't come as a surprise that a pitcher who had a career MiLB WHIP of 1.34 and doesn't accumulate strikeouts is a mediocre MLB pitcher. He is what he is. Wishing differently isn't going to change anything. Nor does focusing on small stretches of success while ignoring vast stretches of mediocrity.

Comment

Working...
                                X