Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Stanton Extends Hit Streak; I Think Marlins Lost 7-1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no discussing Volstad with you. I hope Volstad can be the pitcher he could be, you think he is already that without the results to back it up.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
      There is no discussing Volstad with you. I hope Volstad can be the pitcher he could be, you think he is already that without the results to back it up.
      And why the hell do you think that is? I don't even have to say anything anymore before people just start saying stupid shit about how I'm going to react. No one even wants to try to discuss anything about Volstad anymore. All anyone wants to do is attack me and call me stupid and say that I'm overreacting and being stupid.

What's worse is that I know there are other people that might actually agree with some of the things that I say but will never say anything because of how much you all come after me. You guys are killing any kind of Volstad discussion more than I am.

Comment

joecapMARLINS

@mbaamin08 Edwin pulled Volstad bc he didn't like his loss of control in the 6th, plus he liked the odds of LHP Tank facing 3 LH hitters
        http://twitter.com/joecapMARLINS/status/21374396705

Comment

Yeah, see? He actually answered me instead of you guys that just sit there and bash me.

Comment

I'm still not sure why the question needed to be answered to anyone watching the game though.

Comment

That is so far into the deep end of madness right there. Volstad has been absolute crap now for the last two seasons (2009-2010). It's an absolute fact. There's a reason why he was pulled after 60 pitches today, it's because he fucking sucked. You can only have so much patience with a pitcher when the other 8 guys are on the field trying to win. You can only baby him so much.

Edit:.... this is in response to mibba from a few posts ago

Comment

Just a side note, expect Tank to be back to 06 form next year (if he's still with the Marlins) because of the type of surgery he had, this first year back is hell and works his arm bad and just wears him out but next year he will be back on point. (so they say)
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                  That is so far into the deep end of madness right there. Volstad has been absolute crap now for the last two seasons (2009-2010). It's an absolute fact. There's a reason why he was pulled after 60 pitches today, it's because he fucking sucked. You can only have so much patience with a pitcher when the other 8 guys are on the field trying to win. You can only baby him so much.

Edit:.... this is in response to mibba from a few posts ago
                  Yeah, the other 8 guys are trying so hard to win that we've scored 1 run in the last two days and haven't gotten a hit with a runner in scoring position for over 30 opportunities. Volstad doesn't give a shit. He'd rather load the bases with no one out so they'll lose.

And, FYI, I was working while the game was on and couldn't really watch the 6th inning. I just heard it and then heard Rich and Tommy saying that even they didn't know why Volstad was pulled. But no one even asked me that. They just assume that I'm being ridiculous and jump all over me. That's why I asked both you guys in here and Joe Capozzi why he was pulled.

Comment

It shouldve been obvious that he was pulled for being bad at his job.
                    poop

Comment

No one hates Volstad, its just with the promise he showed in the minors and his rookie year, the fact that he has...devolved into what he currently is just maddening.

Volstad was never going to be a top of the rotation guy. Thats not the kind of pitcher he is. What he is supposed to be was the guy that solidified the #3/#4 spot on the staff for years to come. But he has been so awful that it is hard to picture him ever being that. He has no business being in the rotation at this point. He needs to be in either New Orleans or Jacksonville working on his shit.
                      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

yea, what bobby said.

Comment

I still am pretty confident that he can be that 3 or 4 guy.

We really need him to be, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                            No one hates Volstad, its just with the promise he showed in the minors and his rookie year, the fact that he has...devolved into what he currently is just maddening.

Volstad was never going to be a top of the rotation guy. Thats not the kind of pitcher he is. What he is supposed to be was the guy that solidified the #3/#4 spot on the staff for years to come. But he has been so awful that it is hard to picture him ever being that. He has no business being in the rotation at this point. He needs to be in either New Orleans or Jacksonville working on his shit.
                            And who, pray tell, do you suppose we have in the rotation? Miller who has an ERA over 6 in AA? Sanabia who was booted from the rotation very quickly when his Houdini escape act skills weren't there for 1 start? Some other guy that is not considered part of our future plans? Maybe if we had a decent 5th starter but, say what you will, Volstad has been better in his last few starts than West has been.

Speaking of which, West was left out there in the 4th inning of his start on Saturday after he walked the first two batters (the second on 4 straight pitches) and again in the 5th after giving up a 4 pitch walk to start the inning and then a single. Excuse me for being so confused my Volstad who had been pitching well in the 2nd through 5th innings was pulled so quickly while West wasn't.

The fact of the matter is, he's 23. He's going to have some growing pains. You guys jumped down my throat for saying bad shit about West but Volstad is younger than him. I haven't seen anyone on here saying all the same shit you say about Volstad in regards to West. And if I do it, you jump down my throat.

Comment

Don't bash me but I'd take Voly over West any day.

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
                                You are a sicko
                                --------------------
                                Also, I love when you quote vague coachspeak and then apply it like a genius that works the midnight shift at walgreens.
                                Is this shit really necessary?

Comment

Working...
                                X