JJ Not Sharp in Marlins 5-4 Loss to Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    Wouldn't a "SABR" guy tend to look at the whole picture and not get caught up in one AB? I'm defending him because one of the things you have to accept is that sometimes, the game is funny like that, and you get a rocket right at a fielder and you get to trot off the field. Getting hung up on the fact that he gave up one hard hit out to one batter is not what a "saber" guy would do. Is it predictive of future success? No, it's predictive of nothing because it's one AB and is utterly meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
    Since you missed it the first time.

The fact that there are random fluctuations in the game is a core principle of "SABR" thought in baseball. The point of it is to not assign more value to these random fluctuations than is necessary. This is what you are doing. You are saying "Tank sucks! SEE! HE LET UP A HARD HIT BALL AND IT WAS CAUGHT SO HE SUCKS!" Yes, it's absolutely fortunate for him that it was caught I wouldn't try to argue that it's not fortunate. My argument is that it's not indicative of anything. It's one at bat. It's meaningless.
    Last edited by Bobbob1313; 08-01-2010, 09:48 PM.
    poop

Comment

Tank has had 4 bad outings in a row and Daft is watching.

With high powered binoculars.

Comment

I thought the core principle of SABR is you can't have sex with women.

Comment

While that is the main principle, some of their followers bang chicks on a regular basis. It's frowned upon, but it occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
            I thought the core principle of SABR is you can't have sex with women.
            I thought it was the other way around women cannot have sex with SABR.

Comment

Hence why I'm gay, the rule only talks about having sex with women

Comment

ugh, saw the highlights...LoMo prolly shoulda caught that ball in the bad inning. He took a step or two in before going back on it.

Comment

it's almost like he's a first baseman or something

Comment

Working...
                  X