Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculation: Report: Marlins trade Cantu to Rangers for Evan Reed, Omar Poveda

Not the last we'll hear about this fellow:
    Rangers Pushing For Cantu
    By Zach Links [July 24, 2010 at 9:55pm CST]
    The Rangers are making a strong push for Marlins infielder Jorge Cantu as the deadline approaches, writes T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com.
    Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-24-2010, 10:18 PM.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Good. Get him out of here before he makes any more errors.

Comment

Get him the fuck out of here. I'm more than ready for the LoMo era to begin.

Comment

Get him out of here. No more automatic outs plz.

Comment

I will say get him out of here too.
          poop

Comment

Get him outta here.

Comment

Rangers pushing for Cantu
              The Rangers are trying to make a strong push for Marlins infielder Jorge Cantu before the Trade Deadline.

The Rangers are looking for a right-handed hitting backup first baseman and Cantu is high on their list. He is hitting .260 with ten home runs and 54 RBI in 93 games and 358 at-bats for the Marlins. But he is also hitting .222 with no home runs and four RBI in 17 games in July

The Rangers are also still interested in Orioles infielder Ty Wigginton, who is hitting .249 with 16 home runs and 48 RBI in 91 games and 333 at-bats. He also has been in a slump, hitting .209 in June and .208 in July.

Chris Davis would still be the Rangers primarly first baseman but the Rangers want a right-handed hitter to help him out and replace Joaquin Arias on the roster.

Cantu though has just a .733 OPS against left-handers this season and Wigginton has a .711 OPS against them.

Cantu would still be owed $2 million over the final two months if traded on July 31. The Rangers can't afford that but Judge Michael Lynn told the Rangers earlier this week in court that he has the power to have MLB extend their line of credit to make such a transaction possible.
              http://trsullivan.mlblogs.com/archiv...for_cantu.html

Comment

I agree with everyone else here, get Cantu the fuck out of here. His D lost us the game today. What would we be looking for in a return from a Cantu trade to Tex?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                  I agree with everyone else here, get Cantu the fuck out of here. His D lost us the game today. What would we be looking for in a return from a Cantu trade to Tex?

Comment

He had 2 errors in the 8th before the Braves erupted, should've been 2 outs, which means 2 less baserunners.

Comment

Cantu is the worse but if we do trade Cantu to Texas I am optimistic we can get something decent if we agree to pay the remainder of his salary. I mean Bengie Molina is Cantu bad yet the Giants got Chris Ray and Michael Main in return.

*Note by decent I mean 2 young C level prospects in the low minors

Comment

Trade Cantu somewhere. Sick of this nexus of suck.
                        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I bet because of our recent winning streak we wait till the 30th to decide and then on that day the Rangers get Wigginton and we're stuck with Cantu

I bet
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Yes, I agree with you, we will probably wait til the trade deadline. Remember there are a couple more teams interested in Cantu though, so there's probably a good 60 percent chance he will be moved. I'm hoping he's dealt tonight and I have this feeling in my stomach that a trade for Cantu will happen very soon, like I said, hopefully tonight.

Comment

They are pushing hard for him but are 2 problems with one funny as can be.

#1 Texas wants Florida to pay the 2 million he has left(Same thing that SF did) Send money and get better prospects.This is not a big issue due to MLBPA agreement

#2 Florida wants another prospect(they were offered 2 already/Pretty much same deal as Molina) because Cantu is gonna be a Type B FA. Everyone knows in MLB that Florida doesn't offer arbitration to Type A or B guys but Florida has been telling Texas that they are going to

So as of right now we are asking for 3 prospects from Texas for Cantu.

Comment

Working...
                              X