No announcement yet.

Marlins Pitching Holds Up As Bats Go Dry Again, Fish Win 1-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought the Boone poster was a bot, initially. Think/hope he's real.

And here's the thing: the board isn't going to die, a year ago a few had the same concerns and since then we brought Hugg back from the abyss and KJC has triumphantly returned.

If a user feels that there is a dearth of discussion, there is nothing preventing that user from starting a topic on anything he so chooses. I spearheaded the player performance thread aa a catch all for discussion that would provide easy reference if we so see fit in the future to rub someone's nose in prognostications gone awry. Truth be told, that idea spawned out of so many saying "I wish T&B were still here" that I thought, well, damn, our users will eat that up.

But by all means, if you want to start thread after thread about why we need to petition the ownership group to keep teal and have the online petition ready to go, be our guest.

Personally, I don't see much wrong with being purely observational. We are a very boring team that doesn't do anything exciting to fuel speculation, and when we do something big, it comes on fast, usually nonsensically, and leaves everyone confused. Perhaps the discussion here has become so well informed we realize the futility of trying to speculate on an organization so mundane as ours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swift View Post
      I thought the Boone poster was a bot, initially. Think/hope he's real.

And here's the thing: the board isn't going to die, a year ago a few had the same concerns and since then we brought Hugg back from the abyss and KJC has triumphantly returned.

If a user feels that there is a dearth of discussion, there is nothing preventing that user from starting a topic on anything he so chooses. I spearheaded the player performance thread aa a catch all for discussion that would provide easy reference if we so see fit in the future to rub someone's nose in prognostications gone awry. Truth be told, that idea spawned out of so many saying "I wish T&B were still here" that I thought, well, damn, our users will eat that up.

But by all means, if you want to start thread after thread about why we need to petition the ownership group to keep teal and have the online petition ready to go, be our guest.

Personally, I don't see much wrong with being purely observational. We are a very boring team that doesn't do anything exciting to fuel speculation, and when we do something big, it comes on fast, usually nonsensically, and leaves everyone confused. Perhaps the discussion here has become so well informed we realize the futility of trying to speculate on an organization so mundane as ours.
      Let's fight pussy.

Comment

• It's on.

Meet me in the parking lot after recess.

Comment

• Near the sandbox?

Comment

• but not in the sandbox

Comment

• The chair doesn't do well in sand, and by doesn't do well, I mean Volstad sucks and should stay in AAA.

Comment

• now you're baiting the sand people

Comment

• Originally posted by Daft View Post
                  I mean, if he thinks the rep system is dumb than I take my post back. I could totally see how someone could think it's a popularity contest and take a "no rep" stance.

But if it's a reason other than that I'm totally confused.
                  No, that is basically the reason. I don't think it's "dumb", just pointless so I don't bother with it.

But that was epic
                  Last edited by nny; 07-19-2010, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED THIS THREAD.

/endself

Comment

• ok regarding future of the board:

As I've said before the users here push new users away. I mean for the first little while people made fun of flamarlin21 until people realized he's intelligent and he should be here. It's like if there's a new guy he must be stupid since he hasn't already been here. That is what doesn't bode well. We don't have as many users as .ghey for two reasons: they've been around since 1993, and they don't mind people posting stupid shit. But you know what? We have more hits than .ghey on a consistent basis which makes us the most visited Marlins fan site on the internet. That's some troof right there, if you don't believe me, look it up. If someone comes here posting stupid shit we pile on them and never see that user again and you know what, that's fine with me to a degree. Festa and Zero and I didn't start this as a business venture. We've never made money and we never will. Any money we make from ads or donations goes to either pay for new shit or to pay for the shit we've already bought.

Anyway, that was rambling, but I do want to address what someone said about us only being active when we hate on mba. Last night was the most pageviews we'd had all week, but we had more each day from Wednesday-Friday of last week (7/7-7/9). Just as a sampling for you all to know that isn't true. And yesterday was actually the second lowest number of visits all week for us.
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I started a thread (during the All Star break) about how the Lebron signing could have an impact on the Marlins and bobob told me it was an awful thread.

That was awesome.

Comment

• Personally, I like the ribbing that any new posters get, even with me still being a relatively new poster. As long as the person isnt an idiot, then they should show they can take a little bit of abuse, because if they stick around, they can be damn certain they are going to get some.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SI_ZgjcmPY"]This is how I feel about noobs[/ame]
                            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• The new poster idiot screening process is the best part about this board. Does anyone really want to have a bunch of miamibaseballs over here?

Comment

• I'd like 1. (him)

Comment

Working...
                                X