Marlins Pitching Holds Up As Bats Go Dry Again, Fish Win 1-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
    Board goes dead when the season has basically ended. There isn't anything interesting to discuss.

Poorly for the board how though? Should we start making up Chris Seddon trades and other stupid rumors? That's pretty much all that happens at other wonderful message boards.

I was thinking about going to read a Magic message board, but I already know what it will say.

Stuff about trading Vince Carter
    Stuff about who we might get for Vince Carter
    Stuff about who we might give up for Gilbert Arenas
    Stuff about Dwight Howard getting better at offense
    Stuff about the mascot named Stuff
    Stuff about who we might sign as our 3rd string point guard
    Stuff about who else we might trade for
    Stuff about moving Rashard to SF or leaving him at the PF and having everyone shoot 3s all the time

OOOhhhhhh fascinating!
    How is this different than any other sports discussion in the history of the universe though, Beef? As fans all we really have to go by are "We suck", "We're pretty awesome" or somewhere in between...

So short of discussing Feep's coital hijinx (or lack thereof) or your cat or Mibbs's (irrational) fandom of Volstad, what ARE we supposed to discuss? Are we really "better" than anyone because we stick to observations instead of hypotheticals?

I couldn't care less one way or another, I just wonder why there's this unspoken arbitrary rule against that sort of thing.
    CSBC Commish

Comment

• Originally posted by PitchingWinsGames View Post
      How is this different than any other sports discussion in the history of the universe though, Beef? As fans all we really have to go by are "We suck", "We're pretty awesome" or somewhere in between...

So short of discussing Feep's coital hijinx (or lack thereof) or your cat or Mibbs's (irrational) fandom of Volstad, what ARE we supposed to discuss? Are we really "better" than anyone because we stick to observations instead of hypotheticals?

I couldn't care less one way or another, I just wonder why there's this unspoken arbitrary rule against that sort of thing.
      I don't know, I am just telling bobs that I dont think this place is any worse than any other crappy board just because we dont have threads from top to bottom of baseless speculation

Comment

• But that's merely you speculating that to be the case

Comment

• We should talk about what color the new uniforms should be or how gay or not gay it is that the team name is changing to Miami Marlins. Or we should talk about specific instances of supposed disrespect from the national media, because that's always fun. Or we could talk about the video game ratings for the Marlins and how those are disrespectful, both to the Marlins and us personally, and how in video games you can trade for Miguel Cabrera and Albert Pujols and Joe Mauer on them using our prospects and how we should do the same things.

Or we should recruit Marlins2003 to e-fight with Swift. Actually, that would be fun.

Comment

• I want to know what color Beef's backpack is

Comment

• I travel with my cream colored Marlins backpack signed by Kevin Millar.

Comment

• I KNOWED IT

Comment

• I like Beef.
                  There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                    We should talk about what color the new uniforms should be or how gay or not gay it is that the team name is changing to Miami Marlins. Or we should talk about specific instances of supposed disrespect from the national media, because that's always fun. Or we could talk about the video game ratings for the Marlins and how those are disrespectful, both to the Marlins and us personally, and how in video games you can trade for Miguel Cabrera and Albert Pujols and Joe Mauer on them using our prospects and how we should do the same things.

Or we should recruit Marlins2003 to e-fight with Swift. Actually, that would be fun.
                    Agreed on the second part.

The first part however, is just a function of having a large "population" considering it's not unreasonable to believe most message board members are kids. You take the good with the bad but you can't excuse stagnation because we're not winning or any other number of passive excuses.

We had a guy come in the other day, new guy, post some innocuous congratulations for Swisher in the proper thread and get met with an uhhhh that Matt Wilson still hasn't finished typing.

The head butting, at the very least, provides some remedial form of entertainment so you can see the latest stupid thing the other side said.

Instead, we're talking about stupid things like why people think Mibbs is dumb for liking Volstad to the degree she does. I mean, is that REALLY any better at all?
                    CSBC Commish

Comment

• It is not.

Comment

• It was really weird that a Yankees fan showed up and made a few random posts about the Yankees like he has been doing it for years.

Comment

• That was kinda funny.

What's Keith Law up to? Maybe he could come back.

Comment

• Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                            It is not.
                            But it is clearly more acceptable. Which is dumb.
                            CSBC Commish

Comment

• I miss beefwillingham.com

that's was the silent victim of T&B's demise

Comment

• I followed him on twooter.
                                There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Working...
                                X