No announcement yet.

Why Was Volstad Really Sent Down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see how you think having him in AAA during the All-Star break will get him an extra start. The AAA All-Star Break is at the same time. Unless they screw everyone else and leave Volstad pitching on regular rest, I don't see how he gets an extra start down there.

This whole thing is just really stupid.

Comment

they will let him pitch on regular rest
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
        This whole thing is just really stupid.
        Except it's not that stupid. He's been really bad the last few months. He needs to figure it out and right now, it's probably best that he's in AAA and gets his head on straight.

Comment

I don't understand how anyone thinks this is terrible.. It did wonders for Ricky last year. Volstad has the talent to be really good.. Just needs to get back to being a ground ball pitcher and not a gopher ball pitcher. 1-10 when he starts ouch! At 5-5 were in a much better spot in the race and may not even be sellers.

Comment

Jorge Cantu had a good stretch this year too, Ima go see if Mibs posted in his thread to tell everyone they are assholes for piling on him

Comment

Let me know what you find out

Comment

I also would like to be informed

Comment

I'm looking
                  --------------------
                  Something about pock marks but nothing from Mibs.
                  Last edited by Beef; 07-07-2010, 04:47 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

So I'm biased. I have been talking to you same guys on these forums for 3+ years. If you guys don't know by now that I am unusually sensitive to stuff that involves Volstad, I pity you.

Comment

I just would think you'd be happier to see him go down and get this fixed than to continue to pitch like garbage in the majors. Cause in the latter scenario, he probably wouldn't be a Marlin much longer.

Comment

Why would I like something that makes it next to impossible for me to see him pitch (unless I go crazy and drive 5 and a half hours one way to New Orleans to see him) with no timetable in place for me to know when I will be able to see him pitch again when I still think this demotion is an over-reaction to a bad start?

Following him in the minors was 100% fine with me after he got drafted and before he got called up. I had no problems with that. In fact, I tried to make sure that I could follow his games on gameday or via a radio broadcast when I could. But him getting sent to AAA is not okay with me since I have now seen him pitch in the majors, I know he can pitch in the majors and don't still think that he was making progress (no walks in his previous 2 starts before yesterday) trying to bounce back at the MLB level and that he just had a bad game that all pitchers have from time to time.

Comment

O
                          O
                          O
                          O
                          Y
                          Y
                          Y
                          Y
                          Y
                          E
                          E
                          E
                          E
                          E

Comment

Go ahead. Pile on me all you want. I'm being honest. It's all out on the table. Is it selfish of me, pretty much but I can't help it.

Comment

Then don't give dumb ass reasons and the like. Just say I want to see him pitch and I can't do that when he is in the minors, whether he belongs there or if he belongs there!

Comment

But I STILL DON'T THINK HE DESERVES THE DEMOTION! It's not just my wanting to see him pitch. I think he was improving and I'm not the only one.

While he had been showing some signs of turning it around, such as issuing only one walk in his last 20 innings, averaging six innings per outing and cutting down the number of home runs after surrendering 29 last season, the wheels came off against the Dodgers.
                                Fantasy player news

I still think he was starting to turn it around, had one bad start and the coaching staff gave up on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X