Why Was Volstad Really Sent Down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
    Volstad today: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 5 K. 98 pitches, 55 strikes. 7 groundouts, 5 flyouts. 15 first pitch strikes out of 24 batters.

Walks were a little high but he didn't let them hurt him like NateRob did.
    --------------------
    My favorite line from the Iowa Cubs announcers.

"Word is the Marlins sent Volstad here to be fixed. I'm not sure what was broken. He looked good."
    Gani Lawal, you are just terrible

Comment

If West or Miller had 4 walks in 6 innings, we'd be hearing how they aren't ready for the show because they can't get deep into games against minor leaguers.

I love her.

Comment

One of his starts was vuvuzelas night, it shouldn't count

Comment

Volstad should hire her as his publicist.

Comment

I mean I definitely think it's encouraging to see he didn't give up any runs and that he worked around 7 baserunners. But:

A) He still only went 6 IP,
            B) Comparing him to Robertson is fucking retarded since this entire thread talks about why he was sent down instead of Robertson, and
            C) A 55:43 K:BB rate is not pretty.
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Did I or did I not say that the walks were high? Quit putting words in my mouth.

Speaking of the walks not being allowed to score thing, I saw a great stat on this yesterday.

Of the 38 batters Robertson has walked, 34.2 percent have come around to score. That's the highest percentage among Marlins starters. The others: Josh Johnson (14 percent), Ricky Nolasco (9 percent), Anibal Sanchez (28 percent) and Chris Volstad (19 percent).
              Snyder robbed, redeemed in Dbacks win over Marlins

Comment

That stat IS GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                  Volstad should hire her as his publicist.
                  This is a legitimate idea

For real mba, you would be fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                    I mean I definitely think it's encouraging to see he didn't give up any runs and that he worked around 7 baserunners. But:

A) He still only went 6 IP,
                    B) Comparing him to Robertson is fucking retarded since this entire thread talks about why he was sent down instead of Robertson, and
                    C) A 55:43 K:BB rate is not pretty.
                    A) That's what you want from your starters is to go at least 6. Sorry if you want him to go 9 every time out
                    B) Exactly! That's what this thread is all about! I also mentioned it because, as I said in the game thread yesterday, whatever you may think of him, Volstad has been better than Robertson in every way and it's retarded that the better pitcher was sent to AAA
                    c) Hello, sample size. Are you really trying to make a judgement on 1 start?

And it's not just me that did not think that Volstad did not pitch badly. If you go read my post again, I posted a direct quote from the Iowa Cubs broadcasters that shows that I am not the only one that did not think he pitched pretty well.

Comment

• Originally posted by McLevin View Post
                      This is a legitimate idea

For real mba, you would be fantastic
                      Considering she has made a large group of people hate the guy more than he would otherwise be hated, it is probably not the best idea.

Comment

• She would still be better than LeBron's publicist.

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                          "Word is the Marlins sent Volstad here to be fixed. I'm not sure what was broken. He looked good."
                          Hello, sample size. Is he really trying to make a judgment on 1 start?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                            Hello, sample size. Is he really trying to make a judgment on 1 start?
                            That's different you idiot!

I can't wait until she goes back to the usual, YOU GUYS KNOW IM OBSESSED WITH HIM SO IT IS OK THAT I AM BIASED!!!! thing.

She basically tells us, look, you cannot have an intelligent conversation with me, so fuck yalls for trying.

Comment

• Intelligent conversation? Is it not my fault that we can't have an intelligent conversation because, every time I say something (and even sometimes when I say nothing at all), you guys make some retarded comment in an attempt to bait me and then we just go around in circles.

And you guys are making a judgement based on his line score rather than actually watching him pitch (I'm about 99.99999% positive that I am the only one here who actually watched his start) so don't talk to me about making a judgement on one start. A lot of the pitches called balls on Volstad were extremely close. Don't believe me? Go check out the gameday of the game on milb.com.

Comment

• So one game works for you because you saw it?

Comment

Working...
                                X