No announcement yet.

Now Hiring, Inquire Within: Non Bobby V Talk Goes Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we hire Bill Robinson again? They could interview me if they want.
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

you only count for half of one, which is 3/10ths of a regular person
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

The Marlins will be in Puerto Rico on Monday and since Edwin Rodriguez is the first Puerto Rican manager in the majors it would be pretty huge for him to manage his first home game there.
        Rodriguez is the first Puerto Rican to manage in the majors, and that adds more intrigue to the search: The Marlins play the Mets in a three-game series in San Juan starting Monday, and Rodriguez hopes to still be in the dugout for that trip, which will count as home games for Florida.
        it would explain this
        joecapMARLINS: "absolutely not true," Bobby Valetine says of report that he starts Monday #marlins

edit: my bad I didn't realize the Padres were playing here tonight. but it's still plausible Edwin will be with the team in Puerto Rico on Monday
        Last edited by xeysz; 06-25-2010, 02:17 PM.

Comment

The Marlins formally interviewed interim manager Edwin Rodriguez for the manager's job Saturday and told him he would be going with the team to Puerto Rico for this week's three-game series against the Mets.

Marlins president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest said Rodriguez, a Puerto Rico native, would be managing the team there, ``as of right now. We're going day-to-day, but yes he is.''

As for former major-league manager Bobby Valentine, he said in an e-mail to The Miami Herald that he didn't have plans to be in South Florida for a job interview soon, but ``yes, I plan to talk to them at some point.''

Rodriguez said his interview didn't necessarily raise his level of confidence because he felt the Marlins demonstrated confidence in him by calling him up from managing at Triple A New Orleans to be their interim manager.

Of the interview, Rodriguez said, ``They have a short-term plan and a long-term plan. With me coming from the minor leagues, I was in a better position to talk about the long term.''
          http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/2...#ixzz0s3lQACou

Comment

All they're doing is waiting for Edwin to manage that series in PR n Bobby will probably start as manager the series right after. I rather win ball games than give Rodriguez a chance to manage in PR, idk why but this franchise seems to start to become a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
              All they're doing is waiting for Edwin to manage that series in PR n Bobby will probably start as manager the series right after. I rather win ball games than give Rodriguez a chance to manage in PR, idk why but this franchise seems to start to become a joke.
              Really? That's what's going to lose us the game? REALLY I MEAN REALLYYYYY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                This FO just fired a good manager just to cover their ass. The FO could give a shit about Rodriguez being Puerto Rican and managing in Puerto Rico.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                  Really? That's what's going to lose us the game? REALLY I MEAN REALLYYYYY!!!
                  Are you trying to say the difference between winning and losing is not the difference between Edwin and Bobby?

Do you think the team that plays the baseball has anything to do with it or something?

Comment

The team that plays has something to do with it yaahh.

Comment

Jon Heyman on MLBN says Bobby V is out of the running.

Now firing Fredi is an absolute failure.

Comment

Working...
                      X