Now Hiring, Inquire Within: Non Bobby V Talk Goes Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Now Hiring, Inquire Within: Non Bobby V Talk Goes Here

joecapMARLINS: RT @SI_JonHeyman: #marlins, valentine have at least a tentative deal for him to manage. he starts by monday vs #mets in P.R.
    /Twitter

I made this a rumor until we get a more confirmed report.

I hope he doesn't pass his physical

Comment

I hope he's contractually obligated to wear the bobbobstache.
      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

We all are.
        poop

Comment

Good article on Bobby V style in Japan.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0100124c1.html

My fave!!
          He reduced the number and length of pre-game meetings involving the entire team and also shunned the use of the sacrifice bunt, a favorite tactic of nearly all Japanese managers, believing the meetings a waste of time in general and the sacrifice bunt a waste of an out.
          Hanley's Fave!!
          In addition, he let his players grow their hair as long as they wanted.
          Within a year, Valentine had his team in contention, a state of affairs that disturbed traditionalists, who still looked askance at Valentine's looser style of management and his disdain for the almighty sacrifice bunt.
          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

but is the facial hair thing more of a front office mantra or the managers?

Comment

joecapMARLINS: "absolutely not true," Bobby Valetine says of report that he starts Monday #marlins
              /Twitter

The plot thickens.
              --------------------
              I believe the hair policy is Loria's so don't expect that to change.
              Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 06-25-2010, 09:28 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

shunned the use of the sacrifice bunt, a favorite tactic of nearly all Japanese managers, believing...the sacrifice bunt a waste of an out.
                I like him already
                poop

Comment

yeah there need to be more managers who hate giving the opposing team a free out

anyway, something tells me something's gon fall through and we don't get him (refusing to go a 4th year? lolololol) and we end up with like...bo porter. what a farce even interviewing bo porter, we don't think he's good enough to coach 3rd base but he's good enough to manage?
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

JoeFrisaro: #Marlins I'm hearing deal is not done yet. Look for Bobby V to get the job. Team still interviewing candidates
                    /Twitter

Comment

it's done

they're just interviewing other candidates to avoid the rooney rule

Comment

why would they not have already interviewed edwin (and avoided any rooney rule stuff)?

Comment

So we're doing the thing were we interview Mike Singletary then?
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

they did already interview edwin, i'm sure they have to interview bo porter
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

they may want to interview bo porter, but i don't think they have to in order to avoid rooney rule stuff. unless baseball makes you interview a black guy and a hispanic guy to comply with the rooney rule, which baseball does not do.

Comment

Working...
                              X