No announcement yet.

Marlins Fire Fredi Gonzalez, Jim Presley, Carlos Tosca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree that Washington was a better option than Montreal, never said it wasnt. But Loria was the bane to end all banes to their existence.

A carpetbagger is someone from up north who travels south to take advantage of those in the south during reconstruction(generalized answer), who carried all their shit rolled up in carpets. Or something.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• In United States history, "carpetbaggers" was a negative term Southerners gave to Northerners (also referred to as Yankees) who moved to the South during the Reconstruction era, between 1865 and 1877. It was a derogatory term, suggesting opportunism and exploitation in the outsiders. The relocated northerners often formed alliances with freed slaves and southern whites who were Republicans, who were nicknamed scalawags. Together they are said to have politically manipulated and controlled former Confederate states for varying periods for their own financial and power gains. In sum, carpetbaggers were seen as insidious Northern outsiders with questionable objectives meddling in local politics, buying up plantations at fire-sale prices and taking advantage of Southerners. Carpetbagger is not to be confused with copperhead, which is a term given to a person from the North who sympathized with the Southern claim of right to Secession.

The term carpetbaggers was also used to describe the white Northern Republican political appointees who came South, arriving with their travel carpetbags. Southerners considered them ready to loot and plunder the defeated South.
        I think that actually sums up Loria pretty nicely.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• I'll never forget when Loria came to South Florida and bought out my family's plantation when we were going through a rough patch economically. And don't get me started on those fucking scalawags.

Comment

• Bumping for this:

Originally posted by DolfanJake View Post
            Loria needs to go check himself into a psyche ward if he thinks this team will make the playoffs. He is a delusional fool.......oh and he does stereotypes no favors.
            This fool is a troll. He's been posting the same vaguely anti-semitic crap on MB.com as "Dolfanjake" and "DanUggla", and he very well may be posting under two names here.

Just posted this beauty over there:

Loria's ego, arrogance and cheapness have all been exposed this year. Whoever in baseball that had been blind to it, now sees it, in all its garish ethnic stereotype.
            Last edited by Bobbob1313; 07-01-2010, 01:08 PM.
            poop

Comment

• Isn't he the serious Dolfan fan who body paints himself with other men?

Comment

• Originally posted by FishFF View Post
                Isn't he the serious Dolfan fan who body paints himself with other men?
                I'm guessing he is the serious Dolfan that is about 5'1" tall and is really stupid

Comment

Working...
                X