Pinto Designated for Assignment; Wood Recalled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuck it, I'm all for this

Pinto has no clue where the strikezone is and just aggravates the hell out of fans. I'd sadly prefer someone like Tim Wood that atleast throws some strikes.

Either way, the bullpen still needs major work. DFAing Pinto is a start though.

Comment

Weird timing but it's really been a long time coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        I bet the idiots on talk radio are ecstatic.
        For someone who bitches when I bait...
        --------------------
        See you in hell, Pinto!
        Last edited by Party; 06-16-2010, 11:19 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Festa, I don't think you're going to hell. You're a good fella.

Comment

This is weird. His numbers weren't even "that" bad. A sub 3 ERA is good to me.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Wood fucking sucks. Can't we ruin/call-up some AA or AAA guy to make their debut? They can't be worse then the shit we shuttle back and forth.

Comment

Someone will nab him. If nothing else for the ERA and he's a lefty. Maybe we can get Jay Voss back.

Comment

There's gotta be something else going on.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

The lines to Radio Mambi will be jammed tomorrow. I expect every program to be pre-empted by continuous live coverage of Pinto's trip to the airport.

Every Cuban abuelito from Hialeah to Little Havana just let out a collective joker smile as they blew out the candle to their respective saint before going to bed.

Comment

Maybe we're trading for someone with a pulse?

Comment

Maybe he just sucks.

Comment

Comment

i mean, yeah, he sucks, but he's probably the 3rd best guy in our bullpen despite it
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
                              For someone who bitches when I bait...
                              Wait, what? Who exactly am I baiting?

Pinto really is not and has not been that bad in his time here, and yet everytime I listen to sports talk radio, he's the guy getting killed.

Did you think I was talking about Mark Levin?
                              Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-17-2010, 07:38 AM.
                              poop

Comment

What a great time to be a Marlins fan. In a span of nine days, much ballyhooed prospect Mike Stanton arrived and much maligned reliever Renyel Pinto departed.

Wednesday will go down as a loss in the standings, but for those who live and die with the Fish the final outcome was a victory. It might not be a stretch to say Pinto was one of the most dispised players in franchise history. For a while there it was neck and neck in terms of which question was posed to me most often: “When is Stanton getting promoted?” and “Why is Pinto still on the team?”

Stanton got a nice ovation when he came up for his first Sun Life Stadium at-bat Tuesday. Let’s face it, had the Marlins announced over the PA they designated Pinto for assignment Wednesday, the crowd response might have dwarfed Stanton’s welcome.
                                http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...ssignment.html

I rep JCR.

Comment

Working...
                                X