Andrew Miller: Not Better Than Dontrelle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I mean he put a lot of runners on and only gave up one earned run. positive?

Comment

No sir. You won't always strand that many, especially in the bigs.

Comment

With that high of a walk total, it becomes somewhat defensible if he's K'ing a ton of people and that's only because you get yourself into, and therefore possibly out of, trouble. Otherwise it's just a disaster.

Comment

If he had like 8+ Ks, it could be justifiable but with 2 ks its not unless he was getting a lot of groundballs and double plays.

Comment

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

we're talking about a shit ton of walks...and let's not forget the 2 hbp
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Andrew latest outing: 6 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 7 K's (68 of 96 for strikes)

Wasn't exactly facing a prospect rich line-up though. On a "semi" positive note lefties in 16 IP at AA are only hitting .193 against him (albeit he has walked 14 of them)

Comment

7/26

A. Miller 5 2/3 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 5 BB, 6 K's

Comment

Andrew is such a crazy case. One start, he walks everyone in the world and the next he doesn't. And then it repeats.

Comment

Mibs says the darndest things

Comment

What I meant was it's every other start. Look at the walk totals in his last 4 starts; 1, 6, 2, 5. If you made a graph, it would look like a roller coaster.

Comment

Andrew's last start (8/1):

5 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 1 K

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                              Andrew's last start (8/1):

5 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 1 K
                              I watched the start. It wasn't a horrible start but he had some bad defense which did him in. One play a chopper went past him towards second. He tried to get it and missed it and the second baseman stopped, thinking Andrew would get it but he didn't so the runner was safe.
                              Then another play was a runner on third (maybe bases loaded or close to it) and the batter hit really small chopper towards third, Andrew ran to get it to throw the runner out at home and threw high, getting the catcher off the plate so the runner was safe.
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

With Andrew, it's not really the hits that bother me. It's the fact that he's walked 3 or more guys in almost half of his games. And these are AA hitters. They are not known for their patience.

Comment

Working...
                                X