No announcement yet.

Mike Stanton Called Up, FO Reshuffles Bullpen and Bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe people really care about stuff like that.

It's not like I need to see the number to tell who players are, it's not football. That's really the only sport I keep up with numbers, because there's no other way to identify players.
    poop

Comment

Numbers in other sports are identification. You can't see faces and such.

Not so in baseball.

Comment

Guy on the left knows every baseball players number. He's cool.

Comment

So you (and that's a collective you) couldn't give me the numbers of the players of consequence on our roster? You watch more than two games a week and this stuff doesn't stick? I'm amazed.

Comment

The guy on the right is playing dumb. He knows them too.
            --------------------
            I can think of most of the starter's, but not all. No idea on paulino or bake, or most of the starting pitchers an relievers.

I only remembered cam's because he loves Jackie, and is 42 backwards.
            Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-06-2010, 11:21 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
            poop

Comment

Honestly I can tell you Hammer's, Jeter's, Hanley's, Lincecum's (even had to double check that it was what I thought), and JJ's. Just went on to the Marlins official site to see if I just forgot anyone and I didn't.

Also could have told you what Miguel Cabrera's second number here was, not his first though.

Comment

I'm trying to think,and I can only think of Hanley and Uggla's. The only reason I know Uggla's though is because I have a shirt with Uggla's name and number on the back.

I can name quite a few former Marlins' numbers though.

Comment

Really?

Completely amazed.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know too many of the Marlins numbers either.

Comment

Yeah but you rarely watch them on TV, right?

Comment

I might have known hermida's when he was here, but now that he's gone, I was only faintly aware. I'd say I was close enough for something that I'm not sure I care even a little bit about.
                        poop

Comment

I've only caught 2 games on TV because I live up North but I think I could name the starters numbers but I would have trouble with the bullpen and some others. When I lived in Florida I could tell the numbers then which is odd cause I was only 8 when they won the 97 title. I also remember those numbers easier than the current ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                            So you (and that's a collective you) couldn't give me the numbers of the players of consequence on our roster? You watch more than two games a week and this stuff doesn't stick? I'm amazed.
                            I seriously only know Hanley. I watch most games.
                            --------------------
                            I could name every player by their batting stance, most likely.
                            Last edited by Mainge; 06-06-2010, 11:55 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                              I seriously only know Hanley. I watch most games.
                              --------------------
                              I could name every player by there batting stance, most likely.
                              This.

Comment

Swift I got you, I remember numbers fully.

And ya, Hermida loved 27 for some reason. He wore it in the minors as well. However, Jason Stokes wanted it first. He signed for $2.02727 (or something with 27 in it) and wanted number 27 before he went all bad on us.

As for me and numbers, I just remember them for some reason. I always like when Spring Training rolls around to see if anyone changed numbers (Hopper, Jai Miller, Leroux and Hayes did this year) maybe that makes me a dork. I remember what numbers Miggy, Olsen, Hammer, Pierre, or pretty much anyone wore.
                                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                                X