What Really Grinds My Gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: What Really Grinds My Gears

Just figured it would be oh so wonderful to get a master list of nonsense that annoys the crap out of us with this team. It will be a great keepsake for everyone that likes to be annoyed by the Marlins.
    • Taking out Gaby Sanchez for defensive reasons when he looks pretty damn good at 1B
    • With RISP, bringing in your worst 2 relievers, as opposed to your best 2, just because it isn't the 8th or 9th innings. I know that no managers bring in their stoppers early, but that doesn't make it right.
    • Leaving in relievers much too long. Come on Fredi, you should be better than that
    • Why is Brian Barden on this team?
    • Batting Hanley leadoff.
    • The front office coming out and saying they expect to make the playoffs, when they make no moves in the off-season to suggest otherwise.
    • Ricky Nolasco not striking anyone out.

Barden and Bonifacio on the same team.

Comment

How about having Tank warming up at the start of the 7th, but leaving crappy Tim Wood in to face the 1 lefty hitter in the Mets lineup. That grinds my gears!
      --------------------
      Originally posted by Mainge View Post
      Barden and Bonifacio on the same team.
      Well if the options are either Lamb or Bonifacio, does it really matter? At least Bonifacio can play multiple positions.
      Last edited by fauowls44; 06-06-2010, 03:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Tim Wood pitching ever

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
          How about having Tank warming up at the start of the 7th, but leaving crappy Tim Wood in to face the 1 lefty hitter in the Mets lineup. That grinds my gears!
          --------------------

Well if the options are either Lamb or Bonifacio, does it really matter? At least Bonifacio can play multiple positions.
          Not sure what Lamb has to do with anything. Two light hitting back-up infielders is overkill.

Comment

our only other options on the 40 man are Scott Cousins and Bryan Petersen. Cousins clearly isn't ready and they'd rather Petersen be getting every day ABs.

Wouldn't be surprised though if we see a DFA once Pinto and Leroux are healthy

Comment

The "taking out Gaby" thing is more to upgrade the overall infield defense. Helms or Barden > Cantu, and Cantu = Gaby, and they'd rather leave Cantu's bat in than Gaby's. Seems fine with me, if you actually want to upgrade the defense.
              poop

Comment

Then DFA Barden. He's damn near useless.

Comment

He's best defensive IFer we have and that's what he's used for

Comment

I understand that. I'm so glad his 2 put outs a week are using a roster spot.

Comment

Its not like Lamb brings anything Barden doesn't barden at least has some skills that Lamb doesn't.
                      poop

Comment

It's not that Barden > Lamb. It's that Barden + Bonifacio on the same roster fucking sucks.

Comment

I agree... I think Barden is useless, especially if they are going to have Bonifacio on the roster as well. Although, it's not like they really have any other options. They could really use a left-handed pinch hitter who doesn't totally suck and give away ABs like Lamb. Unfortunatley, there is none in the organization and I don't know who you could go out and get.

Also the bullpen really suck. I wish Fredi would use his best pitcher in tight spots, but like it was mentioned before no manager really goes that route. The sad thing is, the bullpen could potentially be pretty solid with just one more reliable arm to lock down the 7th. Hensley and Leo have been real good in the 8th and 9th respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                            I understand that. I'm so glad his 2 put outs a week are using a roster spot.
                            Cause I was bored, he has 7 assists and 2 put outs.

He records a little over 1 out per week.

Fuck yeah.

Comment

here's to the flying dutchman putting it together in the pen
                              --------------------
                              and Mainge, how many of those 9 outs, could anyone else have made? 5? 6?
                              Last edited by Ramp; 06-06-2010, 04:31 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                              X