No announcement yet.

Offensive Struggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you know what is the worst part of this whole Maybin thing?

He's come into both seasons as the favorite and barring something major he will be upstaged/outperformed by someone lower in the organization's depth chart for two seasons in a row. There is talent below him developing faster + a sense of urgency to win now.

With Uggla putting up numbers worthy of a Loria Long Termer, I don't think there is enough space for him on this team to get his 500 at bats this year or next year.

Comment

Shake. It. Up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        However, if he's still outproducing CC at that point, what do you do?
        Than we are in real bad shape barring some trade.

If outproducing means a 650-680ish OPS this offense will not be good enough to carry the pitching to a Wild Card spot. (Even though the pitching has been really good this month.)

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
          And you know what is the worst part of this whole Maybin thing?

He's come into both seasons as the favorite and barring something major he will be upstaged/outperformed by someone lower in the organization's depth chart for two seasons in a row. There is talent below him developing faster + a sense of urgency to win now.

With Uggla putting up numbers worthy of a Loria Long Termer, I don't think there is enough space for him on this team to get his 500 at bats this year or next year.
          Cantu's a free agent, Cody is potentially trade bait and CC is underwhelming in LF. There's room.
          --------------------
          Originally posted by Festa View Post
          Than we are in real bad shape barring some trade.

If outproducing means a 650-680ish OPS this offense will not be good enough to carry the pitching to a Wild Card spot. (Even though the pitching has been really good this month.)
          That's not what I asked.

Let's say come June 13 (That when the Rays series start?), Maybin has a .650 OPS and CC hasn't reach .600. Who do you send down to bring Stanton up?
          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 05-23-2010, 01:22 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
          poop

Comment

Cantu's a free agent, Cody is potentially trade bait and CC is underwhelming in LF. There's room.
            --------------------

That's not what I asked.

Let's say come June 13 (That when the Rays series start?), Maybin has a .650 OPS and CC hasn't reach .600. Who do you send down to bring Stanton up?
            BC.

Neither CC nor Cam is getting sent down for Stanton, they'll just see their PT reduced as they turn into the 4th OF.

Comment

I can't see Cam being used as a 4th OF. His future is still too important.

And Coghlan has no utility as a 4th OF.

BC is a perfect utility outfielder.
              poop

Comment

This is gonna make one hell of a blog

Comment

I can't see Cam being used as a 4th OF. His future is still too important.
                  I think we're well past that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                    Shake. It. Up.

We don't need to shake things up Swift. Getting swept by Houston and being owned by the White Sox are completely meaningless. This is a 94 win team. Stop being so dense.

The Yankees always get owned by teams like the Orioles.
                    Last edited by Namaste; 05-23-2010, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
                      We don't need to shake things up Swift. Getting swept by Houston and being owned by the White Sox are completely meaningless. This is a 94 win team. Stop being so dense.
                      You really don't get it but OK keep doing this.

Comment

No, I'm pretty sure this guy doesn't get it:

But we lost a series to the Astros.

Comment

You quote things out of thin air? Who are you talking about?

I wasn't even upset at the fact you think we were bad, it was more at the fact it was only the 5th series of the season (like 13-15th games). Teams have ups and downs so it's not like that would define our team. Hell, the cardinals got swept by the Astros a few weeks ago but does that mean they suck?

The Marlins have a lot of stuff to work out before I believe they are capable of being called a playoff team.

Comment

FishFF made a sarcastic comment about how we got swept by the Astros. Everyone knows that I felt that the HOU sweep was a serious warning sign of things to come. Yes, I realize that I was not going out on a limb by saying that but what is it exactly that I don't get?
                            --------------------
                            We didn't just lose 2 games to the White Sox. We lost 8-0 and 4-1. There's a difference. The Marlins were never remotely close to winning 2 games against a shitty team.

So who doesn't get it? Me or the posters who think that there's nothing wrong with the team? And be careful with your posts. One side of your mouth says, "stop overreacting to losses" and the other side of your mouth says, "the Marlins have a lot of stuff to work out before they are capable of being a called a playoff team".

Which one is it?
                            Last edited by Namaste; 05-23-2010, 10:04 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

What are you talking about? I said stop overreacting when it was literally the 2nd-3rd week of the season. I think now is more appropriate time to start up concerns as there is more of the 'sample size' to look at. This team is just so inconsistent to both extremes. We we're 7-2 coming into the Cardinals series in that span we outscored out opponent 49-29. Then the next 5 games we score 9 runs, 5 of which that came from the 5-1 victory in the fist game of the St.Louis series. It's been the same issues that hinder us for the last few years.

I just felt that the sarcastic post a few posts up was not necessary and it doesn't need to be brought out since it's a non issue. Everyone has their own opinion so if you don't agree with it then so be it but there is no reason to bringing up crap to cause more issues for no reason.

Comment

The Marlins are not good because the Marlins are not good. Not because they lost to the Astros and White Sox. If they sweep the Phillies, Im sure the confidence poll can skyrocket on the website, but they still won't suddenly be great just because of three games.

Comment

Working...
                                X