No announcement yet.

New Uniforms Discussion: New Uniforms Seen FIRST on SoFlaMarlins.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a huge fan of light orange and blue. That would be awesome. Don't know why everyone hates orange so much, it's a SoFla color. I'm really sick of black and silver. Like, for real.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• It might not be so bad if there wasn't already another team in the division that had it. We already have more Met fans that attend games than Marlins fans. Let's just change our colors so we look just like them.

Comment

• for the last time, though:

a) if orange is prominent, it's very different from the Mets, who use it as an accent color
        b) it's a completely and totally different color blue
        --------------------
        also,

Phillies: red, white and blue
        Braves: red, white and blue
        Nationals: red, white and blue

I mean, who cares? It's a completely different blue and that color blue and orange doesn't exist in the major leagues. It's pretty rare to get any unique color combination in the majors so what's the problem with it?
        Last edited by emkayseven; 03-05-2011, 07:46 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Testify, brother! Testify!

Comment

• Because using predominently orange turns us into the Orioles. I hate, hate, HATE the idea of an orange alternate jersey.

We're obviously not going for unique because teal is unique and we're going away from that. The only other team that uses teal is Seattle.

And I thought the reason we were going away from teal is because it's out of fashion. Well, so is orange.

Comment

• a) you don't know that we're going to have an orange alternate jersey.
              b) having a black alternate turned us into every other team in the league

also I'd guess we're going away from teal for several reasons:

1) it was very 90s
              2) it ties us to the dolphins
              3) Loria is known not to like it and he signs the checks

your logic is flawed to say that we can't be going for unique since teal is unique and we're going away from teal. we can be unique with other colors, teal isn't the only unique color in baseball

Comment

• Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                1) it was very 90s
                2) it ties us to the dolphins
                3) Loria is known not to like it and he signs the checks
                1) So is orange
                2) Again, orange is also a Dolphins color
                3) Loria should be worrying about what the fans will buy more than what he likes. From everything I've heard, most people HATE the idea of using orange as one of the new colors.

Comment

• the people that talk about it are the 150 or so people who are online on marlins forums and blogs. as festa said, those are the people that are going to buy merchandise even if they hate the colors. companies pay a lot of money to test market these things, and I'm sure the Marlins just didn't decide they liked orange and didn't/won't test it.

yes, orange is also a dolphins color, but again, not predominantly as green. and more than being a dolphins color, it's a south florida color - dolphins, canes, heat use it, overpasses are painted that color, etc

Comment

• That's great but it's not a color of the day. Nobody wears orange these days. Heck, I just got back from the mall about an hour ago. I did not see anyone at the mall (or really any articles of clothing) that were wearing orange. Obviously most of these large companies have tested it and found that people don't like/want orange. Now, it's true, I wasn't at a mall in Miami but I was at a mall in Palm Beach County in South Florida.

Comment

• People like shitty stuff in Miami. If Ed Hardy designs the uniforms, they'll sell like crazy.
                      poop

Comment

• no one's wearing teal either. and that's your angle, right? that we should keep teal?

Comment

• I personally love the teal. Dunno if I'll like orange though. We'll have to see.
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                            That's great but it's not a color of the day. Nobody wears orange these days. Heck, I just got back from the mall about an hour ago. I did not see anyone at the mall (or really any articles of clothing) that were wearing orange. Obviously most of these large companies have tested it and found that people don't like/want orange. Now, it's true, I wasn't at a mall in Miami but I was at a mall in Palm Beach County in South Florida.
                            Literally the first picture I saw on Facebook:

Comment

• The only teal shit I own is Marlins related. The only orange shit I own is heat related.

I got some stadium blues, though. Nice cable knit sweater.
                              poop

Comment

• This has been posted before by Festa, but if it looks anything like this, it'll be 100x better than our current jersey.

Comment

Working...
                                X