No announcement yet.

New Uniforms Discussion: New Uniforms Seen FIRST on SoFlaMarlins.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually prefer homes to have neutral colors. Houses dont need pizaz.

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
    Except, we do. Don't let facts get in the way of your moronic tirades though.

From earlier in this thread:
    What bob said. I am referring more to the fact that orange has been pushed more and more for several years now, starting long before when focus grouping on potential colors would have even been suggested.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• you don't know when focus groups started though, especially given the fact that this move was supposed to happen a long time ago. and remember they changed uniforms when loria got here, they might have focus group'd at that time as well
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
        I actually prefer homes to have neutral colors. Houses dont need pizaz.

What bob said. I am referring more to the fact that orange has been pushed more and more for several years now, starting long before when focus grouping on potential colors would have even been suggested.
        The focus grouping likely started right after the World Series because of a push for the stadium back then. This isn't something that started last week or a couple years ago. Stop being willfully stupid.
        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• You are calling me willfully stupid for something you yourself half no knowledge of. Shut the fuck up.
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• The burden of proof lies on you. You made the stupid accusation, prove it. You act like it's impossible that Loria has actual business sense/plan because he likes the color orange.
            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Has Loria ever said his favorite color is orange?
              poop

Comment

• I still don't understand how we don't have knowledge of this. I thought the issue we were arguing about would be whether Loria would have his personal preferences override any consideration for the fans' interest when deciding how to rebrand our team for the 2012 Miami Marlins. We know that the organization has held focus groups recently to make decisions for the rebranding. Isn't that sufficient to win the argument?

Todd contends that Loria has been adding orange to the current color scheme for years. And, therefore, I'd need to show that they've been conducting focus groups for years to justify that decision as well.

I don't think I do. Suppose Loria's favorite color is orange. Suppose he has been incorporating orange into the design without any consultation. That's irrelevant given what we know. The fact that he has held focus groups for the 2012 Miami Marlins rebrand shows that, despite his personal preferences for orange (assumed), he's still doing his due diligence and is not going to make a major business decision without checking in on what will sell.

Comment

• The Canes and Dolphins both have orange as one of their primary colors. It's not exactly shocking South Floridians would say they like orange in focus groups.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                    The burden of proof lies on you. You made the stupid accusation, prove it. You act like it's impossible that Loria has actual business sense/plan because he likes the color orange.
                    Actually, no it is not. I pointed out that orange has been incorporated more and more. You called me stupid, then claimed that they had been doing focus groups on it since 2003 which is absurd, since as early as 2006 the team was being shopped around to other cities, and stadium deals to that point were DOA. Why focus group a market where the team might not even reside?
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• ehe mibs was wrong about orange

http://shopping.aol.com/articles/201...-color-orange/
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• but that's for girls!!!!!!!!

/they don't care about facts dude

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                          The Canes and Dolphins both have orange as one of their primary colors. It's not exactly shocking South Floridians would say they like orange in focus groups.
                          This. I don't have much to add other than people who've never lived in Miami saying that Orange is a Dolphins color are not paying attention at all.

Orange is everywhere in the city. Even the edible kind!

Comment

• I stand by what I said. I did not see anyone at the mall wearing orange on Saturday and didn't see hardly any orange in any of the stores. The same goes for here in Houston. I haven't seen anyone here wearing orange and 90% of the clothing we have here to sell (which is a LOT now. I've never seen us have so much clothing) does not even have orange as one of the available colors.

Comment

• Houston is not Miami. Miami sucks. Orange is big here.
                              poop

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                                I stand by what I said. I did not see anyone at the mall wearing orange on Saturday and didn't see hardly any orange in any of the stores. The same goes for here in Houston. I haven't seen anyone here wearing orange and 90% of the clothing we have here to sell (which is a LOT now. I've never seen us have so much clothing) does not even have orange as one of the available colors.
                                Then you didn't see any one wearing any UM, UF or Dolphins apparel. That's uncommon.

Comment

Working...
                                X