No announcement yet.

New Uniforms Discussion: New Uniforms Seen FIRST on SoFlaMarlins.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a fan. Any attempt to make it look old school or more ornate would come off, to me, as artificial. Miami's not that type of city. We need clean and modern just make sure it's properly executed. Faux nostalgia is not for me.

Comment

• Fauxbacks

Comment

• Something about the font is 1950s-style modern to me. It's not bad, but it's not great either. I'll be happy they don't go for full-on faux 1920s old timey nostalgia nonsense like Harry alluded to.
        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Originally posted by Fritz View Post
          Something about the font is 1950s-style modern to me. It's not bad, but it's not great either. I'll be happy they don't go for full-on faux 1920s old timey nostalgia nonsense like Harry alluded to.
          It's called Futura and it was designed in 1927 so you are on the right track.

Arch that in orange font with the light blue outline on a white jersey with no pinstripes and I'm a fan.

Comment

• Let's Go Mets!
            There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post

This font will be on the wordmark for the jersey.
              We already talked about this, but I just realized the ballpark logo is a Marlin. I find that to be very neat.

I am a fan of Futura as a font. I've worked with it a lot; it's very Miami to me - in a good way.
              poop

Comment

• Someone on the Creamer board came up with this:

The wordmark wouldnt happen to be that, but arched, with the M having a rainbow colored (like the ballpark logo) Marlin jumping behind it (like it currently jumps behind the F), with the main color of the uniform set being a bright orange, now would it?
                That description is a lot closer than people think. Much of it is true. Stop focusing so much on the team name, though -- the new identity is much more centered on the location.
                Others have speculated that maybe all the jerseys say MIAMI.

Comment

• Wait, it's a Marlin? I don't see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                    Wait, it's a Marlin? I don't see it.
                    The rainbow thing is a fin. Which explains why it tapers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                      Wait, it's a Marlin? I don't see it.
                      poop

Comment

• That fish doesn't look happy or healthy.
                        There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Ehh
                          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                          - Daft

Comment

• Apparently Logan Morrison said he heard the color scheme is going to be Red and Yellow.

I'm sorry if somebody already posted this.

Comment

• about 5 months ago
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• If he says it, has to be true.

Just give me my Mets colours and a Keith Hernandez sleeve patch and be done with it.
                                There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Working...
                                X