No announcement yet.

Stadium Webcam Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh ok, I didn't know they were now parking on the south side - that explains it. I knew they were starting work on the parking garages, but I thought they were only working on the northwest one for now, which would've left the northeast corner open still to worker parking.

Comment

Nope they have a few machines drilling into the ground all over the north side.

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
        No this is actually a true story(well, we don't know for sure because we weren't there) but based on several outbreaks of Bush League's Disease in the past a reasonably thinking individual could conclude that the following happened:

Samson (and his senior contractor) trotted his soon to be replacement foreman out to the press when he let the original foreman go (who was thought to be headed to a pretty big worksite in Atlanta in the near future anyway).

Problem was, outbreaks of Bush League's Disease are unpredictable (they call them flare ups) and Samson and his cohorts hadn't actually sat down and discussed the intricacies of being a foreman on such a big project and they hadn't forecasted that maybe the new foreman wanted to mold the stadium in his own way and not be told by some checkered dress shirt wearing foreman in the sky what materials he would be using day in and day out etc.

Again, WE WERE NOT THERE SO WE DON'T REALLY KNOW IF THIS HAPPENED OR NOT but................
        holytryingtoohard

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
          holytryingtoohard

Awesome input. Keep doing your thing.

Comment

Hahahaha awesome neg

Comment

Se fajan mas que Don Swift y bobbob.

Comment

If you look closely at this picture, you'll notice:

1) pieces of the large rafters that will make up the retractable roof on the ground next to the tree columns on the northwest corner of the site, and

2) what appears to be some of the first white columns that will support the east fixed roof on the ground on the east side of the site.

Comment

This is the sickest Metrorail stop ever.
                  This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                    This is the sickest Metrorail stop ever.
                    I thought it was the sickest overpass ever!

Comment

The stationary portion of the roof is going up in leftfield:

Comment

I drove down and took some pictures today. Unfortunately, it started pouring as I was circling the ballpark, so I couldn't really take any more pictures than this.....enjoy!

Also, for whatever reason, all the interior camera views are stuck on various times of September 2nd.....the interior panorama is as recent as the 6th though...

Comment

They moved the first roof segment over the field area this evening. It appears they also have the next pieces ready for the 2nd roof segment.

Here's pictures of the movement:

and it's temporary spot where movement stopped:

Here's the interior shot of it overhead:

Comment

Good stuff...thanks for posting.

Comment

Some more pictures from today, October 11th, 2010.

Comment

With most of the foundation poured for the north garage, the first concrete section of the facade went up.

Comment

Working...
                                X