Fredi Gonzalez 2010: Fredi Got Fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
    Isn't he sometimes in the booth with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumbass?
    Sure, but I was referencing his post '05 comments about turning down our contract offer.

Comment

I was referencing that he is already a babysitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
        Yes it is.
        No; it isn't. See: 2000 Mets. That team had almost no business being in the playoffs, let alone making it to the World Series. Valentine also had that team consistently contending for/making the playoffs with limited talent during the late 90s. You don't think that had anything to do with him?

Also, explain the Rockies last year, then? They were below average until they made a managerial change, and then they took off and made the playoffs.

Managers have a pretty significant impact on their team's success.

Comment

Nope

Comment

Yeah; I never thought of it that way.

According to your logic, I can manage the Marlins and do just as well as Fredi Gonzalez.

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
              No; it isn't. See: 2000 Mets. That team had almost no business being in the playoffs, let alone making it to the World Series. Valentine also had that team consistently contending for/making the playoffs with limited talent during the late 90s. You don't think that had anything to do with him?

Also, explain the Rockies last year, then? They were below average until they made a managerial change, and then they took off and made the playoffs.

Managers have a pretty significant impact on their team's success.
              The 2000 Mets had a really good pitching staff that finished 3rd in the NL in RA. They had 1 truly below average player in the lineup and received unbelievable production from the catcher position. They won 94 games. That team won 97 games in 99.
              poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                The 2000 Mets had a really good pitching staff that finished 3rd in the NL in RA. They had 1 truly below average player in the lineup and received unbelievable production from the catcher position. They won 94 games. That team won 97 games in 99.
                They had a *solid* starting pitching staff and an average lineup (Piazza was an animal and Alfonzo was very good; Ventura was on the downside of his career at that point). You think those teams win 94 and 97 games, respectively, with Fredi Gonzalez as manager?

Comment

I like the firing,
                  entering the season we knew fredi wasn't going to be part of the marlins' future. He was neither going to be fired for not making the playoff or accept the braves' job. That probably linger in the clubhouse and players aren't performing their best. This team has play uninspired ball and there attitude has been very defeated all season. The fo has to change this, before they fall too back in the division.
                  I don't feel bad for fredi, enjoy your vacation and your waiting job
                  in atlanta.
                  I don't mind the timing, but if bobbby v is best for the job, then you have to jump of him to get him. Yea it a dick move to make a run on bobby becuase the orioles are close, but this is a business.
                  Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                  Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                  Tom Koehler(4-0)
                  AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

I'd love for Bobby V to bring Robin Ventura here either as his hitting coach or bench coach. Used to love that guy even though he was a Met for a bit.
                    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Anyone else just watch the press conference?
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Next go gon be an idiot and people will decide after a couple days if they like him or not and if we lose a couple games late they may decide that they definitely hate the new guy and then we can pretend like that guy is the reason we lose games too.

Comment

• CHICAGO -- Former Florida Marlins manager Fredi Gonzalez will be one of the candidates interviewed for the Chicago Cubs managerial job, according to a major league source.

Gonzalez, who was fired by the Marlins on June 24, has a long personal and professional relationship with Cubs general manager Jim Hendry stemming from the time they worked together with the Marlins.

Gonzalez, who has interviewed with the Cubs in the past, is the consensus top choice to replace Bobby Cox as manager of the Atlanta Braves, according to multiple baseball sources.

The Marlins were 34-36, 6 1/2 games behind the Braves in the NL East when Gonzalez was fired. Florida owner Jeffrey Loria, who declared his playoffs-or-bust expectations for his team in spring training, said he had decided to change managers after 70 games, saying "we can do better and be better."

Gonzalez, 46, had a 275-279 record in four seasons as Marlins manager.

Hendry said Hall of Famer and Triple-A Iowa manager Ryne Sandberg will also be considered for the Cubs job. He is the only other known candidate at this point.
                          http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/ml...ory?id=5398820

the first time he takes derrek lee out for a pinch hitter/"defensive replacement" in the 7th inning will be best
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• is DLee no longer a good fielding 1b?

/being somewhat serious

Comment

• Sandberg is probably given the job.

Comment

• I think the Hawk may have accidentally told Rich and Tommy during the game Sandberg would get the job. R+T tried to get him to expand, but I think he pulled back alittle.

Comment

Working...
                                X