Gaby Sanchez 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why?

Uggla is 4th amongst NL 2B in OPS. Gaby is like 8th amongst NL 1B in OPS. Neither is stellar with the glove.

There's no argument to be made in Gaby's favor over Uggla.
    poop

Comment

uggla has sucked dick for everything but the first 6 weeks or so of the season
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

luckily you're judged on your overall package of 90 games or so, not just random games

Comment

that's not true, i'd bet strasburg makes the all star game after like 6 starts

luckily it's a moot point because neither will make the all star game
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

why are you so angry?

Comment

Dan Uggla:

.898 OPS in April
              .870 OPS in May
              .712 OPS in June

You hit the nail on the head.

For funsies, Gaby:

April: .817
              May: .715
              June: above 1.000 after today
              --------------------
              god damnit, MK7. you're making me talk down on my gaby. Just stop.
              Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-23-2010, 09:31 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              poop

Comment

may includes part of the first 6 weeks (which is a number i was pulling out of my ass btw)

just for funsies why don't you see how they've done since may 17

Comment

What does that matter?

It's not gaby vs uggla for the all star team. It's gaby vs every 1b in the NL ( a race he comes in around the middle of the pack in) and then in an entirely seperate and unrelated competition, Dan uggla vs every nl 2b (a race he comes in 4th in).

I only posted their month by month splits because gaby had a pretty long streak of suckage as well that didnt disqualify him in your eyes (because it isn't recent so it apparently didn't happen).

There's no universe in which Gaby Sanchez would be a more deserving ASG selection than Dan Uggla. That's retarded.

If you want to say gaby has been our 3rd best player, I can maybe get on board with that. But that means shit for ASG, which is the parameter you brought up.
                  poop

Comment

ok.

Comment

I will say, I do like your idea of just picking a team's 3 best players and throwing them all together on an all star roster regardless of position. I look forward to seeing an NL roster with 13 1B, 22 OF, 1 SS, and 1 C.

at the very least, watching Ryan Howard play 3B might be entertaining.
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                      just for funsies why don't you see how they've done since may 17
                      Also, because I'm bored:

Gaby: .813
                      Uggla: .799

Since your completely arbitrary cutoff date of May 17, Gaby has been marginally better, but Uggla is still a 2nd baseman and Gaby is still a first baseman.
                      Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-23-2010, 10:07 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                      poop

Comment

may 17th wasn't arbitrary, that's after the first 6 weeks, which was when, in my head, uggla stopped being cool

Comment

That's, like, super arbitrary.
                          poop

Comment

ehe

Comment

If we got 15 all-stars, I think Cody Ross would definitely be one of them.

Comment

But you don't know

Comment

Working...
                                X