No announcement yet.

Gaby Sanchez 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see him as a player you trade as he hits his first arbitration year. I don't see a place on the team for him for another 2 seasons

Comment

fvck it he's gon go all Kevin Youkilis on our asses.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
        I see him as a player you trade as he hits his first arbitration year. I don't see a place on the team for him for another 2 seasons
        Kind of tough projecting that. If keeps hitting an .800 OPS, even if that is below average for a 1B, and Morrison handles LF, the entire field is full for years unless one of the obvious don't work out. Gaby's not a liability at that production. That's a keep through arbitration player, not dump in year 5 like Hermida.

Like Bob said, if that production vs RHP holds up, we're set. Why trade him, when you can move Uggla, Cantu, Ross, Nate Rob, Helms, maybe even Paulino or Hensley for a ton of young pitching.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
          Like Bob said, if that production vs RHP holds up, we're set. Why trade him, when you can move Uggla, Cantu, Ross, Nate Rob, Helms, maybe even Paulino or Hensley for a ton of young pitching.
          Why are we dumping players because the bullpen currently sucks? That is just poor management. Ross, Uggla, Paulino and Hensley all can help this team. Why are we trying to replace them? Helms really he is going net you something of significant value?

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
            Why are we dumping players because the bullpen currently sucks? That is just poor management. Ross, Uggla, Paulino and Hensley all can help this team. Why are we trying to replace them? Helms really he is going net you something of significant value?
            C.R.E.A.M.
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Cheese
              Really
              Elevates
              All
              Meals
              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Coffaro
                Really
                Ejaculates
                At
                Men
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Thus far, this is the best production we've gotten from the 1B position since Delgado.

In all honesty, my posts in this thread are just Todd bait.
                  poop

Comment

he's super cool

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      Thus far, this is the best production we've gotten from the 1B position since Delgado.

In all honesty, my posts in this thread are just Todd bait.
                      wRAA+UZR (So offensive runs above average+defensive runs above average)
                      2005: 36-18=18
                      2006: 20-6=14
                      2007: 1-13=-12
                      2008: 22-14=8 (161 games)
                      2009: 19-2=17
                      2010: 7+.5=7.5 (70 games)

So Gaby is on pace to finish with +17 runs, same as we got in 2009. And that's assuming Gaby keeps up at this pace. And 2009 is so low because of Gload, Cantu and NJ murdered Gaby. Part of the reason offense for 1b is so high this year is that Cantu is the back up for 1b, Mike Lamb has 1 PA as a 1b and Helms has 0.

Comment

EAT IT TODD

Comment

OPS at .845.

He's dreamy.
                          poop

Comment

I'd go so far as to say he's our 3rd most deserving player to make the ASG behind Hanley and JJ. Maybe behind Nunez too, but he's more deserving than Uggla or Cantu.
                            --------------------
                            ::puts on flame retardant suit::
                            Last edited by emkayseven; 06-23-2010, 09:13 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I'm like gaby's biggest fan, but he shouldn't be an all star. Top 3 in ROTY, sure. Not ASG.

He's like 8th among NL 1b in OPS.
                              Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-23-2010, 09:16 PM.
                              poop

Comment

I'm not saying he should be an all-star. But he's more deserving at this point than Uggla and Cantu. As in, if every team had to have 3 reps I think he'd be the 3rd.
                                --------------------
                                again all I said was that he was our 3rd most deserving. Not that he deserved to make the ASG or that he should, just that on our team he's the 3rd most deserving

you frustrate me
                                Last edited by emkayseven; 06-23-2010, 09:17 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X