No announcement yet.

Bats Stay Alive, Marlins Defeat Nationals 9-3 to Take Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no guarentee Stanton would even hit if he is called up. He could K just as much as Maybin, but give you a little more power in the line-up.

Power isn't really the main issue with the line-up though. Hanley, Cantu, Uggla, and Ross are all going to hit their fair share of homers.

Why would you want to start platooning Cogs and Ross now when they are finally starting to show some life in their bat? It's too early to make any crazy changes... if the team fell into a horrible downward spiral or maybe an injury popped up then I could see giving Stanton a go.

As of now.. keep him down and don't start that financial clock yet, because his bat in the line-up isn't going to make that drastic of a difference at this point in time.

Comment

You speak too conclusively. His bat definitely isn't going to make that drastic of a difference? How could you possibly know that? Miguel Cabrera and Chris Coghlan were both mid-season callups that made a huge difference.
      Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

Chris Coghlan made a huge difference more than a month after his call-up (one of the reasons I'm not concerned about him). He was terrible before that.

We also don't play in 'burque anymore for AAA. There's no reason to continue to skip AAA and bring prospects up right away. If he continues to do well in AA, he needs to go to AAA first before coming to the bigs.
        God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
        - Daft

Comment

Chris Coghlan was the rookie of the year. If we did not call him up, then he would not have been rookie of the year. He would have been a minor league player.

Comment

If Strasburg can go to AAA, Stanton can too.

Comment

I'm not even sure I support bringing Stanton up because I don't see any holes that should be filled. Coghlan has been bad but there's no way we should move him. Cody is a proven vet that can be a run producer in a lower spot, and Gaby is showing his value with that near .800 OPS and 12/14 BB/K. That being said, I think Stanton is just as ready as he can be--he could ride the momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                If Strasburg can go to AAA, Stanton can too.
                I think he can handle AAA too; but that's not why.

Comment

Working...
                X