• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
    That win was worth every bit of 400k of not my money
    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

NEW YORK -- No walks, no problems. The Marlins saw the benefits of not allowing any free passes on Thursday night.

Nate Robertson and Burke Badenhop kept pounding away with strikes, and the Marlins were able to walk away with a 3-1 victory over the Mets at Citi Field to take the series finale.

Robertson posted five solid innings, while Badenhop posted three innings of one-hit relief to help the Marlins claim two of three in the series.

After walking nine and hitting a batter in a 7-6 win in 10 innings on Wednesday, the Marlins were looking for strikes. Robertson and Badenhop provide plenty.

Originally drafted by the Marlins, Robertson made his big league debut with Florida in 2002. But after that season, the left-hander was traded to the Tigers, where he has spent the past seven years. Florida re-acquired him on March 30 in a trade for pitching prospect Jay Voss.

Efficient summed up the performance by Robertson, who was making his Marlins debut. In five innings, the lefty gave up one run on six hits. Perhaps the most telling stat was zero walks -- although he hit one batter.

The Marlins chipped away for three runs off Mets lefty Jonathan Niese.

RBI doubles from Jorge Cantu in the fifth and Gaby Sanchez in the sixth inning provided enough cushion for the Marlins to take the series. For Sanchez, it was his third double in as many games.

Dan Uggla's two-out RBI single in the first inning gave the Marlins an early edge. Cameron Maybin singled, and moved to second when Hanley Ramirez walked. Uggla ripped his run-scoring hit just past David Wright at third base.

Robertson held the Mets scoreless through three innings before Jeff Francoeur's run-scoring double tied it at 1 in the fourth. Jason Bay singled to open the frame, and he raced home from first on the ball to left field.
      Marlins ride Robertson to series victory

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
        its a reverse jinx

calm down ramp
        psh, you can't do a reverse jinx

Comment

you can't triple stamp a double stamp!
          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            They are pitching him outside. Would you like him to try to pull those pitches?
            I would like him to not have 75% of the plate be a hole in his swing

I would also like him to have the ability to read a fly ball in front of him
            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
            - Daft

Comment

Great showing tonight.

Comment

Call him NateRob, bitches.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Robertson made them look silly tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Absolute Zero View Post
                    I would like him to not have 75% of the plate be a hole in his swing

I would also like him to have the ability to read a fly ball in front of him
                    I think that 75% figure is wildly inflated because you don't like him for whatever reason.

They are attacking him on the outside. I assume you mean that the hole in his swing is everything else? Why would they be attacking him outside then?
                    poop

Comment

did beef get my text

WE WON AND I SAW
                      Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

I don't receive your texts

Comment

you are such a fagala (and full of shit, of course you got my text)

Comment

I did

I assumed BDeeThree got the games, but I am curious if they get the Sun Sports games that we won't get.

BW2 has had every Fox Sports Net available since my frosh year here 42 years ago

Comment

I dunno, but I asked them to put it up on the big screen and it was nice...until a group of 39 Young Republicans came and created 3/4 of a square around the main eating area. I almost got trapped by Festas

Comment

Oh, today was Scalia Day. Everyone was running around the law school with their golden ticket in one hand and Scalia bobblehead in the other.

I was leaving class today and saw two kids in suspenders, one was a girl, and the fella was like, OH WELL, HOW BOUT THAT CHEVRON TWO STEP!?

Comment

Working...
                                X