Marlins Acquire Nate Robertson from Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nny View Post
    Also, Pedro got pro rate 2 mil last year, and totaled up 500k in incentives.

If Robertson costs us 2-3 mil, I'd imagine Pedro would be a lot better use of those resources. Both are likely going to suck but Pedro at least has upside
    If we wanted Pedro at $2mil, we'd have to wait till August, no?
    --------------------
    Originally posted by Todd View Post
    More to do with the fact that he was fairly awesome out of the pen in Jacksonville last year, and has been since they converted him to a reliever full time.
    fair enough.... I don't see myself ever getting worked up about a lefty out of the pen
    Last edited by Ramp; 03-30-2010, 01:21 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Beinfest also just confirmed the rotation order; JJ, Ricky, Anibal, Volstad and Robertson.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
        If we wanted Pedro at $2mil, we'd have to wait till August, no?
        Is base salary was 2 million, and that was then pro-rated, if that's what you're getting at.

Comment

To me, this move reminds me of the one we did a couple years ago in getting Hendrickson. Nate is a temporary stopgap to be the lefty in the rotation until either West or Miller is ready.

Comment

I also thought Voss would be in the bullpen at some point this year.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Ya didnt mean LOOGY wise meant LHP

We will end up dealing Pinto and Jennings will take his spot.

So Jennings and Meyer will be the Lefties in the Pen with Hunter,Olenberger and Tank in AAA with Korpi,Loomis in AA,Stephen Richards in A

All in all not that bad of a deal especially since Voss was a BUST as a starter. Before last year as a RP Voss was a 7.00 ERA starter

Comment

And was awesome when converted to a reliever.
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                  And was awesome when converted to a reliever.
                  I thought he was just 'fairly' awesome

Comment

Just saying it's not like we are losing all of our LOOGY depth by dealing him

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                      Is base salary was 2 million, and that was then pro-rated, if that's what you're getting at.
                      I'm getting that we can't afford a $2mil Pedro until August.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        Just saying it's not like we are losing all of our LOOGY depth by dealing him
                        Most of the "loogy" depth will either be gone or isnt very good to begin with.

And your right Ramp, he ranged from fairly awesome to full blown awesome. But hovered mostly in fairly territory.
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

Does small sample size alert work for Jay Voss or has en en why seen something special in Jay Voss? I know the answer to part 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                            I'm getting that we can't afford a $2mil Pedro until August.
                            So we can afford a 2 mil Robertson in April but not a 2 mil Pedro?

Comment

Is it a coincidence that shortly after we lose Penns awesome stache, we go out and acquire Robertsons awesome goggles?, i think not...

Comment

Yeah, we haven't had anyone with awesome goggles since Gregg who was wearing the wrong prescription half the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X