Marlins Acquire Nate Robertson from Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nny View Post
    So we can afford a 2 mil Robertson in April but not a 2 mil Pedro?
    $2mil Robertson is roughly $333,000 a month

$2mil Pedro in August is $1mil a month

Comment

2mil pedro in August is 333,000 a month

that's what pro rated means.
      --------------------
      Source told me that the Tigers will be paying almost all of Robertson's salary with the Marlins. He earns $10M this year.

Jon Morosi Foxsports.com

sounds like it don't matter anyway, which isn't surprising.
      Last edited by nny; 03-30-2010, 01:39 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Sad thing is we probably could have traded them Hunter or Tank IF we would have made them pay less of his salary

Comment

2mil pedro in August is 333,000 a month

that's what pro rated means.
          I don't think you are using pro rated correctly.

Pro rated is for the time he is playing on your team. Therefore, Pedro for August and September would be at $1mil per

Comment

JoeFrisaro#Marlins I'm hearing Marlins are paying the minimum $400,000 on Robertson, who will make $10 mil this year.
            Via Twitter

Comment

i think it's fucking awesome
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

You would.
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post

Pro rated is for the time he is playing on your team. Therefore, Pedro for August and September would be at $1mil per
                  Pro rated is for the time he is playing on the team, yes. It's based off annual salary. You sign the base annual salary, than you get a pro-rated amount of that based on time played. Ergo, 333k a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post

Pro-rated means that he's signing a 1 year, $2 million deal, he's taking those terms, but they're only applied to the last two months of the season. You're taking the average monthly salary, not diving the entire contract value over the actual time period he's working. At least that's how I understand it.
                    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

why would i, because i'm a rational person?

as far as i'm concerned for 400k i trust him to put up a 5 era more than i trust hensley to do that. dig that we got a lefty, and like others have said he's just a placeholder till west or miller dig their heads out of their asses.

and especially considering we all wanted to give dontrelle a look, why the fuck not give someone who can still find the strike zone SOMETIMES a look? voss isn't anything special. we've got relief arms for now and for the future. if you're going to lose sleep over losing a lhrp then my goodness.

best case scenario? robertson puts up a 4 era and we win some ballgames

likely scenario? he puts up a 5 era, heads to the pen as a long reliever or a loogy once we want to call up miller or west or vandenhurk

worst case scenario? he sucks and we're out jay fucking voss and 400k. big deal.
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

I was being a smartass.

This just screams "move that didnt really need to be made". A move to make a move.
                        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

it's a move to get a lefty in the rotation and to get a 5 starter who's thrown a meaningful mlb start since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                            if you're going to lose sleep over losing a lhrp then my goodness.
                            Nobody is losing sleep. That doesn't mean it's not dumb. We gained nothing and gave up something. Regardless of how important that something is, it's still something.

Comment

Pro rated is for the time he is playing on the team, yes. It's based off annual salary. You sign the base annual salary, than you get a pro-rated amount of that based on time played. Ergo, 333k a month.
                              Again though, if you don't sign him until August, you're then paying him $1mil in each of the final 2 months.

In actuality, this is a $6mil deal pro rated when August comes around. So he's being paid as if it was a $6mil deal for the final 2 months.

Comment

WE AREN'T GOING TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE OUR ROTATION SUCKS

WE LOST JAAAAY VOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't respond to this with, "This move is going to put us in the playoffs?"

The crazy screamo whiney responses are just fucking dumb in here

We haven't had much to complain about since they decided to put a patch on the jersey, now they got a cheap pitcher, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Working...
                                X