No announcement yet.

Marlins Acquire Nate Robertson from Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy has a hefty contract for always sucking. I don't mind the trade, gives us more back end of the rotation options and better long relief which we will for sure need.

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
      I'm pretty sure Nate ended the season pretty strong last year.

I don't know about always sucked. But if he has always sucked, then it is a move that can't hurt because maybe then he can suck less than Hensley and Volstad who have always sucked like he has.... ?
      It doesn't hurt us next year, it also doesn't help us, making the move pointless. What hurts is losing a good LH RP prospect. Which yes, isn't going to hurt much. But this still looks like a net loss.

Comment

Beinfest is in the booth right now to talk about everything.

Comment

I hate this. Voss could of been currency out of the pen as early as later this year. What an awful move.
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
            Dtrain would have costed us nothing and at least used to actually be good unlike Robertson who has always sucked.

I didn't want Dtrain but i wouldn't have cared. This isn't some franchise shaking move by any means but it's still rather dumb to give up a good lefty RP prospect for a guy who isn't better than anyone in our rotation.
            Not really a bad move,Robertson costs us probably 2 million,lets us keep West and Miller down till they are ready,and even though I like Voss-How many Lefty RP can u have in your ML pen?

We got Meyer,Pinto,Jennings,Hunter Jones,Tank,Korpi still as LH relief arms so not that great of a loss

Comment

Beinfest confirms rotation spot, Hensley pen

Comment

Charlie Fucking Wah

Comment

Was a given he's the #5 guy. They wanted Hensley in that LR role and also lets u let the young guys goes back to AAA

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    Not really a bad move,Robertson costs us probably 2 million,lets us keep West and Miller down till they are ready,and even though I like Voss-How many Lefty RP can u have in your ML pen?

We got Meyer,Pinto,Jennings,Hunter Jones,Tank,Korpi still as LH relief arms so not that great of a loss
                    Meyer is good and isn't a loogy, pinto's about to be gone, Tank and Hunter and Korpi aren't impressive. That leaves Jennings and meyer, really

Comment

The last thing I'm worried about is a LHP reliever

It's worth the risk and besides... Robertson wears awesome goggles

Comment

Also, Pedro got pro rate 2 mil last year, and totaled up 500k in incentives.

If Robertson costs us 2-3 mil, I'd imagine Pedro would be a lot better use of those resources. Both are likely going to suck but Pedro at least has upside

Comment

I once did an interview with Voss for my school paper.
                          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                            I once did an interview with Voss for my school paper.
                            and this is why he hates the trade, ladies and germz

Comment

haha

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                                and this is why he hates the trade, ladies and germz
                                More to do with the fact that he was fairly awesome out of the pen in Jacksonville last year, and has been since they converted him to a reliever full time.
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X