Clear All

• Marlins Acquire Nate Robertson from Tigers

Jay Voss headed to Detroit

edit: Fish will be getting some cash too

boo?
    --------------------
    5th starter?
    Last edited by Ralph; 03-30-2010, 12:36 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Nate Robertson lhp
      3 years/$21.25M (2008-10)

* 3 years/$21.25M (2008-10)
      o signed extension with Detroit 1/16/08 (avoided arbitration)
      o 08:$4.25M, 09:$7M, 10:$10M
      better be alot of cash

Comment

Where is he going? Is he going to be the lefty in the rotation with Hensley moving to the bullpen?

Comment

whoa

Comment

welcome back Nate.
            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Puke

Comment

He's back!

Comment

Thinking is Robertson in the rotation as #5 starter till or when Miller/West get there problems worked out and Hensley as the Long Relief Guy

Since Voss is better than a fringe prospect gotta think its about 7.5-8 million that Detroit will be paying

Comment

I think this could actually help a lot
                    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                    - Daft

Comment

People wanted to give DTrain a chance.... but Nate Robertson is a bad thing?

Comment

Dtrain would have costed us nothing and at least used to actually be good unlike Robertson who has always sucked.

I didn't want Dtrain but i wouldn't have cared. This isn't some franchise shaking move by any means but it's still rather dumb to give up a good lefty RP prospect for a guy who isn't better than anyone in our rotation.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Nate ended the season pretty strong last year.

I don't know about always sucked. But if he has always sucked, then it is a move that can't hurt because maybe then he can suck less than Hensley and Volstad who have always sucked like he has.... ?

Comment

Don't like the trade at all, but hopefully him switching leagues will help for a little

Comment

Beinfest said that Robertson will be the 5th starter and Hensley will be in the bullpen. At least, that's what I'm understanding from the tweets from the beat writers.

Comment

Working...
                              X