No announcement yet.

Marlins Discussing Mike Lowell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair enough, but I think you drew an unnecessary conclusion from an already incredulous "source."

Comment

Drumming discussion != conclusion

Comment

And on the topic of shitty reporting, from MLB trade rumors:

"But Lauber hears from a source that “the club’s interest is 'minimal at best.'"

What the article actually says:

"But a major-league source familiar with the Marlins’ thinking said he believes the club’s interest is “minimal at best.”"

I mean, I think our interest is minimal at best too. I'm not argueing against that. I just fucking face palm at how we go from a guy saying "Well, I think it's minimal at best" to "They're interest is minimal at best"

Comment

oh, buddy...get some sleep
          Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

All of his credentials speak for themselves.

Mike Lowell is a three-time All-Star, a two-time World Series champion, a World Series MVP. But is the 36-year-old a fit for the Marlins?

The question was raised again on Thursday when the Marlins visited the Red Sox at City of Palms Park.

As popular a move it would be to bring back Lowell, there continues to be strong indications that there is minimal Marlins interest, at best.

In fact, the interest is said to be "barely above zero."

In recent weeks, there has been speculation about the Marlins showing interest in acquiring Lowell in a trade. A scout from Florida recently watched him work out.

"I know it's a feel good story," Lowell said on Thursday. "But they're rumors. That's about it."

Miami-raised, Lowell is one of the most popular players in Marlins history. He is Florida's all-time home run leader with 143.

Lowell was a Marlin from 1999-2005, and he was a key member of the Marlins 2003 World Series title team.

Marlins manager Fredi Gonzalez was Florida's third base coach in 1999, Lowell's first year in the big leagues.

"For me, he was always one of those guys who only needed an opportunity," Gonzalez said. "He came to the right place to get that opportunity. If he had stayed with the Yankees, he might now even have gotten that opportunity. The Marlins gave him an opportunity to play."

Lowell was drafted in the 20th round by the Yankees in 1995.

"He'd be a good addition for any ball club, including the Red Sox," Gonzalez said.

Health-wise, Lowell says: "I feel good. Better than last year."

A career third baseman, Lowell has been taking ground balls at first base. He may have to make the switch to prolong his career.

-- Joe Frisaro
            Fish Pond

Comment

@Buster_ESPN The Marlins aren't sure why they have been linked to Mike Lowell; they aren't interested, and were not before he got hurt.
              just somethin to think about
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Take it for what its worth?

Comment

Working...
                X