Marlins Win and Lose SS Games 11-2; Stanton Goes 3-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FishFF View Post
    I missed a Boner foul ball, hit me right in my palm but I was one handed because of my beer Hot as hell today, felt good to get some sun.
    A boner foul ball sounds like something I would not want to catch
    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

It's amazing Stanton has as much power as he does when he's basically in the load position in his stance. Very little weight transfer and yet so much pop. He's just pure beast.

Comment

Speaking of innate power, did anyone see that Heyward HR? Looks like Stanton and Heyward could be a long-time NL East rivalry that does some damage to stadiums everywhere.
        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
          It's amazing Stanton has as much power as he does when he's basically in the load position in his stance. Very little weight transfer and yet so much pop. He's just pure beast.
          I disagree. His stance is very centered and as he loads, his weight is transferred back and then forward through his swing; all in one motion. I actually discourage my kids from doing that because it can lead to timing issues on change ups and breaking balls and you see a lot of lunging at soft stuff outside.
          Last edited by Mainge; 03-08-2010, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Tomorrow's game vrs. the Red Sox is sold out (only standing room only tickets are available). I wonder if the people who bought all those tickets realize that the Red Sox are only sending 4 major league players on the trip.

Comment

Working...
            X