SI: Beinfest Game's 4th Best GM....Errr...President of BBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    Beinfest is not perfect. Nobody is. Theo isn't. Freidman isn't. But relative to the league, Beinfest is a good GM.
    Originally posted by the post above you
    My point isn't "Beinfest is bad", I don't know if he's bad or not. My point is, if he's so good at minor moves, since Cody/Uggla/Baker are always brought up about how good he is, then if that's "skill", why hasn't he been so good at major moves? I think that likely Cody/Uggla/Baker/ect aren't "skill" but rather throwing out the biggest net you can and see if you can catch any fish even though you'll mostly get boots. And that's because he's in the position to do that. With a budget, he's no longer able to do that, his first choice has to be starters.
    I'm not saying "Beinfest is bad", I'm saying "Are these representatives of his ability."

We don't know yet. I'm scared. I think any argument of "We could be better, we could be worse, blah blah" is pointless. We have Beinfest. How he does going forward is what matters. What he does is what matters. Who cares if he's "good" or "bad" or how he's juxtaposed against Theo or Freidman or Moore or Minaya. All that matters is what Beinfest does here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      We would probably mostly agree that Dombrowski is a better GM than Beinfest, right? He's made some colossally bad moves in recent years too. I would say his Renteria trade is worse than anything Beinfest has done, all things considered. But I suppose when you've got the chance to trade two top 100 prospects for 31 year old Edgar Renteria in the last year of a 10 mil per year contract, you've got to take that.
      I do not agree that that trade is anywhere near the Cabrera trade. Trading prospects is dandy, they may or not do shit. Trading a perennial All-Star (Cabrera) for a bunch of pieces that simply aren't working out is worse. Trading Luis Castillo for a ham sandwich was probably worse as well. Trading Josh Willingham because you want Emilio Bonifacio since he is omg fast is the also retarded.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Dombrowski gave up two top 100 prospects who are now starting caliber major leaguers for the right to pay Edgar Renteria $10 mil to put up a .699 ops. That's dreadful.

In one offseason Dombrowski traded 6 of his top 7 prospects for Edgar Renteria, Dontrelle Willis, and Miguel Cabrera. He got one good player. That's a bad offseason, especially when you consider that those three players will cost his franchise 192 million dollars for like 11 total player seasons.

Yeah, he got Cabrera. That's all he got and he gave up a ton.

As for your take on the willingham trade, that's not really accurate.
        poop

Comment

• Jurrjens was a great get for Atlanta, but the jury is still out on Hernandez, especially since he is now in a crowded Pittsburgh organization.
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
          X