Cameron Maybin Injured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cameron Maybin Injured

Figured we might as well consolidate all info here.

Right now:

Left groin strain/pull. Happened running the bases. A similar injury has sidelined Russell Martin for 4-6 weeks.

I assume we'll get some medical report and timeline eventually from the team after he gets a further evaluation.

Maybin said, "he felt a grab not a pop"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
        Maybin said, "he felt a grab not a pop"
        I'm not a doctor, but I assume this is good, but at the same time when dealing with something of this matter for a 'speedster' this description might be akin to saying, "it's ok, he only got me with the knife, the bullet missed."

Comment

JoeFrisaro: #Marlins Maybin says he felt it grab, but not pop. May only be a few days
          via Twitter

Comment

I'd be exceptionally disappointed in our medical staff if he's out there playing agin in less than a week. Shut him down so this isn't an issue again in June.

Comment

Eh, our medical staff prob knows enough to make the necessary decision

Comment

Considering our "medical staff" is likely based out of a van in Little Havana, I'm not willing to make that assumption.

Comment

Um.
                  poop

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                    Considering our "medical staff" is likely based out of a van in Little Havana, I'm not willing to make that assumption.
                    I think they know what they are doing, but they are tricky dickies. I do not believe them when they tell me a player gon be ready in X days/weeks/months

Comment

I think that if there is one thing we have demonstrated time and again over the years it's that we defer to the player's judgment regarding his own health. Sometimes it works, like with Josh Johnson and his TJ recovery and Mike Lowell and his broken hand, sometimes it doesn't hurt us, like Hanley's shoulder, and sometimes it blows up in our faces, LoDuca's hammy, Castillo's hip and Spooneybarger's elbow. Given the nature of this injury, and the type of player Cam is, I would hope that we do not rush him back from this because he's "fine."
                      --------------------
                      Marlins center fielder Cameron Maybin suffered a left leg groin strain while running the bases in the eighth inning on Sunday afternoon.

Maybin was injured while racing from first to home on Donnie Murphy's two-run double in the eighth inning against the Cardinals.

Projected as the Marlins center fielder, Maybin pulled up close to home plate, and hobbled across the plate.

Scott Cousins replaced Maybin in center field.

The 22-year-old Maybin is projected to bat second in the regular season. He was hitting leadoff on Sunday.

"The next couple of days I'm definitely going to be in here early," Maybin said of getting treatment. "I feel good, and I have to keep that good timing. My timing feels good. I need to be in that lineup to get those at-bats.

"I guess we're going to wait and see. I don't think it's that big to get an MRI. I pulled up, I think on time, where it didn't really pop. It was more of a pull than a pop. I hope, two, three, four days, I'll be fine."

Manager Fredi Gonzalez said he likely will keep Cody Ross in right field, instead of move him to center field to replace Maybin. The Marlins have a number of prospects who can play center, like Cousins, Jai Miller and Bryan Petersen.

-- Joe Frisaro
                      I would like to reiterate my previous point.
                      Last edited by Swifty; 03-07-2010, 03:53 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                        They count towards the local hire requirement totals for the stadium construction.

Comment

Out with a groin injury since last Sunday, Cameron Maybin said: “The last two days I’ve [run with] more intensity and am feeling pretty good. I’ve stretched out my sprinting and should be ready pretty soon.”

Gonzalez thought Thursday or Friday was a realistic timetable for Maybin’s return….
                          http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_baseball_marlins/

Comment

Still absolutely baffling we didn't MRI him.

Comment

Cause our medical staff is:

Comment

Working...
                              X