Dan Uggla: What a Trade Could Have Meant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Dan Uggla: What a Trade Could Have Meant

I hope that everyone remembers this day in November. Freddy Sanchez was traded for Tim Alderson,so in other words we could have gotten Alderson and atleast 1 other prospect maybe 2 for Uggla.

Next year rotation if we traded Uggla NOW
    JJ
    Nolasco
    Volstad
    Alderson
    West

Instead we are gonna deal him at the Winter Meetings for a package not even close to Alderson by himself

Terrible move by the team especially since Coghlan or Boner will be the 2B Next Year

:sad:

Comment

poop

Comment

Yeah Sabean trading for Garko (goodbye cantu partner) and sanchez (goodbye uggla partner) basically crashes both of their returns.

Comment

really think we were offered alderson for uggla? Even with how bad his play has been this year ( I know his BB are up but still his numbers are rather scary).

I would of loved Alderson

Comment

Yep next year as well. No need to trade for Uggla when u got Sanchez

Bet is they would probably even give more for Uggla due to them wanting a Power Bat and Sanchez is more of contact

Comment

Originally posted by Fishfan79 View Post
              really think we were offered alderson for uggla? Even with how bad his play has been this year ( I know his BB are up but still his numbers are rather scary).

He didn't mean right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishfan79 View Post

I would think they would have. No clue if they did but Uggla is younger,gonna be cheaper,and more power
                --------------------
                From RealGM

The Giants have been unquestionably horrible at second base offensively and his .776 OPS for 2009 will be an upgrade over the collective 28th ranked .604. But I don't see the logic in propping up this club's flimsy chance of being a true contender with a light hitting 31-year-old.

Sanchez is ranked 12th in OPS amongst second basemen, ahead of Dan Uggla's .764, but the Giants have a far greater need for a slugger than another high average, low OBP, low pop hitter. Sanchez has just six homers and none since June 21st.

In other words they probably wanted Uggla and was told he is not available so Sanchez was Plan B
                Last edited by tjfla; 07-29-2009, 07:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I'm really sad by some of the information here. I'd give them Uggla/Cantu or Uggla/Ross immediately for Aldersen, Barnes, and say two other B prospects.

Comment

w/e maybe he gets hot and he raises his value in time for the offseason. Hit a homer as we speak.
                    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                      w/e maybe he gets hot and he raises his value in time for the offseason. Hit a homer as we speak.
                      One could only hope and I finally it extremely unlikely that SF would have done a Uggla/Alderson deal at this time. I mean Sabean can't be that stupid can he?

Comment

I'm going to start a thread titled 'jeremy hermida' so he'll
                        hit a homer next.
                        poop

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                          I'm really sad by some of the information here. I'd give them Uggla/Cantu or Uggla/Ross immediately for Aldersen, Barnes, and say two other B prospects.
                          Same here but u know we are in a race and we can't get rid of Uggla or Rossp:

2 guys that won't be here in 2010 could have netted us a SP,a lefty and prospects EASILY

What u guys don't realize is teams don't pay high value if they don't need the position. There were 3 teams that wanted a 2B and now there is 2 with 1 of them only wanting a 2B because they are in a race.

Comment

What do we know about Dan Uggla's value?

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
                              What do we know about Dan Uggla's value?
                              Well we have to base it off the Sanchez deal so a Top Pitching Prospect but that falls once the offseason comes around

Been telling u guys for weeks now- Dan Uggla,Cody Ross,Kiko Calero are ALL at their highest value and Not 1 of them will be here next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X