PECOTA Predicts Last Place Finish For Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
    Not to totally change the topic of this, but interesting that Hammer is projected to sport a .809 OPS when he's been well over that the last four seasons.
    my assumption is age 31

god it's sad to think Hammer's MLB career will probably be pretty god damn short because we kept him in the minors forever.

Comment

atleast he's starting to get paiiiiiiiid

and so what if he's 31, he's coming off his best season at age 30 (seriously hard to believe he's that old already)

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
        Not to totally change the topic of this, but interesting that Hammer is projected to sport a .809 OPS when he's been well over that the last four seasons.
        Well, he'll be 31 on opening day, so it's not crazy to think he'll regress a little. I think .809 is a little low, but I think .825 is probably realistic, and I think that the difference between .809 and .825 is practically nothing, so it's not that crazy.

And he put up a .543 OPS over the last month and a half of the season, and just an .820 for the last half of the season, with a .241 BA.

I think most signs point to him regressing, unless he can sustain his power surge from July and August over a whole season.
        poop

Comment

nah, this is the year that OPS stays above .900

Comment

Is Colorado in the market for a DH?
            poop

Comment

What is the margin of error for PECOTA?

If it is +/- 4 wins, to the average fan it should serve as a good barometer of what your team is or isn't.

PECOTA is like a 5 day hurricane forecast. More often then not it is accurate but the swath is still an area 150-200 miles wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                Is Colorado in the market for a DH?
                that doesn't make sense

Comment

Exactly.
                  poop

Comment

so he's the best then

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      They just updated it for playing time and pitching, putting us at 81-81 and third place. Given that they acknowledge that random "noise" can affect records by 6 wins one way or the other without really being a product of the team, this seems reasonable.
                      That sound completely correct, with improvement coming if the SP grows up.

Comment

Working...
                      X