• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think u rite beef

Comment

U no it

Comment

Via Twitter:

JCRMarlinsbeat: RT @BenBadler: Neither Robert Bono nor Luis Bryan, the two guys the Marlins got from Houston, would have made the Astros BA top 30.

Even the writers are bashing this trade.

Comment

Which also happens to be the team with the worse farm system in all of baseball.

Comment

that's not really bashing the trade

just stating a fact

Comment

I don't think any of us expected to get much in return for Lindstrom, anyway. At least we don't have to worry about the possibility of him closing out games for us anymore.

Comment

I look forward to listening to my co-workers complain about how bad he is. I'm just gonna laugh.

Comment

Which makes you wonder.......what were those other 10 teams interested in Lindstrom offering? chips???? soda??? baseball cards???

Comment

Complete seasons of "Roseanne" on DVD would be my guess.
                    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

The Marlins are really going to miss his seamless combination of digital production, analog synthesizers and live instrumentation.
                      Sanchez life

Comment

I don't see why getting organizational filler is a slap in the face to the fans if the alternative is a non-tender. Who cares? They got some dudes to play in A-Ball. Lindstrom kind of sticks and you were never going to get anything really for him, and if this is all you get, whatever? Anything is always better than a straight non-tender.

The only deal that really matters is Uggla. They just need to turn him into something. Clearing out Lindstrom, Pinto, and Amezaga to fill out your Greensboro roster? Who cares?

Comment

I dont have how this works but the marlins have 2 picks in the rule 5 1st round, but only have 1 spot available on the 40 man roster. So do the marlins have to DFA someone to make room for the pick, or forfeit one of the picks
                          Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                          Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                          Tom Koehler(4-0)
                          AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

You know what this means? Joe Frisaro was right about something (that being someone would be traded today). Be afraid.

Comment

After reading the first page, I've decided it's best not to read the rest of this thread because I can't believe anyone is

A) Disappointed we traded Lindstrom or

B) Upset at what we got for him

He's Matt Lindstrom. He lost his closing job to Leo Nunez.

Comment

No one is upset at what we got for him because no one believe we should have gotten more. And only FIP is mad he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X