Matt Lindstrom Traded to Houston For Organizational Filler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
    Was it my imagination or did there used to be a post about Koby Clemens and some other guy?
    Ya the post read IF NO GUYS ARE MENTION because both Clemens and other guy are Rule 5 Eligible however since they announced guys it wont be them

Comment

It's official. The Marlins have traded reliever Matt Lindstrom to the Houston Astros for a pair of minor-leaguers and a player to be named later.

Houston is giving up right-hander Robert Bono and shortstop Luis Bryan.

Bono spent last season at Single A Lexington (Ky.), going 10-8 in 25 starts with a 3.20 ERA. He was Houston's 11th-round draft pick in 2007. Bryan, 19, was with Houston's Gulf Coast League team, hitting .340 in 105 at bats.

Larry Beinfest, the Marlins' president of baseball operations, said the players are "both guys with upsides.

The Marlins roster now stands at 39 players, which allows them to make a pick in Thursday's Rule 5 draft.

Comment

Maybe by "upsides", Beinfest means that they have heads.

Comment

Clearly beef IF NO GUYS ARE MENTION

Sheesh

Comment

Sounds like the same shit he said about bonifacio

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
              Clearly beef IF NO GUYS ARE MENTION

Sheesh
              u keep it to uself

Comment

we shoulda just non-tendered him

Comment

U keep it 2 URSELF

Comment

Ummmm, the day a GM acquires a player and then says to the media, we got this guy because the guy we traded for him sucks, this guy will never do anything for anybody, but what more can we get, is the day I suck Daft's dick

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                      we shoulda just non-tendered him
                      Yeah, I was thinking that.

Non-tendering him saves face. We can play the "he's garbage" game. This is just us not wanting to pay a guy $1.5 mil

Comment

Yea this doesn't make us a better baseball team, just a cheaper one.

Comment

For a team that doesn't want to spend money, I will never complain about getting rid of trash and saving money as a result. Another way of looking at it is, we save money and we don't get worse.

Comment

Yeah, but sometimes there's something to be said for subtlety. I don't think anyone's saying Lindstrom deserved to bring back more, but if you're going to be so blatant about getting rid of him, just non-tender him on Saturday and don't rub the fans faces in their miserly ways. Although I guess we're well past that point.

Comment

Yeah, I think we are past that and I just don't think any situation in which we pawn off trash is rubbing our faces in it anyway. They have lots of ways of rubbing our faces in it, I wouldn't consider this one of them. I think if he was non-tendered, people would just complain that we are so cheap that we didn't even want anything in return because we would have to pay them thousands of dollars.

Comment

I just hope we get rid of Pinto already

Comment

Working...
                                X