Matt Lindstrom Traded to Houston For Organizational Filler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Lindstrom Traded to Houston For Organizational Filler

Marlins reliever Matt Lindstrom is on the verge of being traded to the Houston Astros, according to a major-league soruce.

The teams are exchanging medical information. The deal, first reported by the Palm Beach Post, gives the Astros a replacement for a Latroy Hawkins, who signed earlier Wednesday with the Brewers.

Lindstrom also gives the Astros another option to replace closer Jose Valverde, who is not expected to be back. -- Ken Rosenthal
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/10496890
    Last edited by LocoMarlinFan; 12-09-2009, 03:40 PM.

I can see that Pujols homeruns off Lindstrom now go into orbit

Comment

Juan Rodriguez reporting this is close, too. Can't wait to see what crap we get from Houston since that's about all they have.

Comment

give crap, you get crap

that's how crap works

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
          give crap, you get crap

that's how crap works
          But Houston's crap is alot stinkier than most

Comment

I couldn't think of a less desirable park for Lindstrom than Houston. Goodness.

Comment

How about the park on the moon?

Comment

That hasnt been finished yet.

Comment

wouldn't matter... no park can hold Lindstrom!

Comment

Lindstrom to Astros
                    Matt Lindstrom is on the verge of being dealt to the Astros.

Reached at his home in Denver, Lindstrom told MLB.com that his agent called him and said the clubs were exchanging medical records.

"He told me to, 'Hang tight," the hard-throwing right-hander said.

Arbitration eligible for the first time, the 29-year-old Lindstrom is set to see his salary rise from $410,000 to about $1.4 million.

In three seasons with the Marlins, Lindstrom was one of the club's most dependable relievers. He appeared in 54 games and had 13 saves in 15 chances in 2009, but his ERA was 5.89.

In November, Lindstrom had an exit physical in Miami, and an MRI on his elbow came out fine. He missed 31 games with a right elbow sprain.

Leo Nunez is expected to be the Marlins closer in 2010.
                    -- Joe Frisaro
                    --------------------
                    The Astros have reached a deal to acquire Matt Lindstrom from the Marlins. He is flying to Houston for a physical, sources told ESPN's Peter Gammons.

The deal, pending physicals, will send Lindstrom to the Houston in exchange for two minor leaguers and the Astros' first pick in Thursday's Rule 5 draft, sources told ESPN.com's Jayson Stark.

The right-handed reliever, who is eligible for arbitration, went 2-1 with a 5.89 ERA this past season out of the Marlins' bullpen with 39 strikeouts in 47 1/3 innings and saved 15 games. In his two previous seasons, the hard-throwing Lindstrom posted 3.14 and .309 ERAs with 33 holds.

The Astros lost free-agent reliever LaTroy Hawkins to the Milwaukee Brewers on Wednesday. Hawkins agreed to a two-year, $7.5 million deal with Houston's NL Central rivals.

In addition, Astros closer Jose Valverde is a free agent.
                    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/s...e=MLBHeadlines

If no players are named in the next few hours my guess is because we are getting guys exposed to the rule 5 draft. Basically (C) and (D) prospects
                    Last edited by LocoMarlinFan; 12-09-2009, 05:12 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

gammons sez it's lindstrom for 2 minor leaguers and houston's first pick in the rule V draft

i'm a dummy, that's in the link
                      Last edited by wanks1212; 12-09-2009, 05:15 PM.

Comment

I can see one of the minor league being Sergio Perez http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=503941

Comment

Yay. My guess is that the most valuable thing in this is Houston's pick in the rule V draft.

Comment

Via Twitter

JoeFrisaro: #Marlins Trade official, RHP Matt Lindstrom for RHP Robert Bono and SS Luis Bryan.

Comment

Robert Bono (RHP) and Luis Bryan (SS)

Neither was a top 30 guy last year

Comment

Working...
                              X