X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
    he is barely average at his position

he might be below average

But barely average does not = crap right?

Comment

If it's a position where production grows on trees, I kind of agree with Ramp. Arguably average makes you kind of undesirable. I really think that standard only applies the corner positions, though.

Comment

Understood.

I'm kind of being a dick about choice of words that's all. But if were going to call average or slightly below average guys crap then we should just have 4 categories for all baseball players

Great

Good

Crap

Waste of Oxygen

Comment

I think it's also a matter of just how much Cantu was making

if he was making 400k I don't think any of us would care

It's not just about assembling a team. It's about assembling contracts

Comment

Yeah in a vacuum he's not crap, and if you're a team like Texas or St Louis (where money slightly matters, but not really) he's not crap; he might even be desirable.

But for a team where cash is a concern, you have to develop your corner players, and if they're not elite when they're getting 5th year compensation, probably time to move on.

Comment

He isn't crap but based on what he is going to get paid on this teams payscale he is essentially crap and should be off this team. When your trying to put together a team with a fraction of other teams payrolls you can't afford to pay a lot for mediocrity.
              Having an open tryout for third base is a better idea then giving a contract to cantu in the Marlins situation.

Comment

The Marlins are not making Cantu available? That's a bit of a head scratcher. I hope they are just playing hard-to-get.

Comment

Originally posted by Sashimi View Post
                  The Marlins are not making Cantu available? That's a bit of a head scratcher. I hope they are just playing hard-to-get.
                  I don't know why they'd do that with Cantu, unless they think there's a significant market for him out there.

Comment

Working...
                  X