Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

His Name is Trade Bait (Dan Uggla Trade Talk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tell me something about them
    Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      SF has said they will not deal Bumgarner,Posey,Wheeler,or Villalona(No interest)

That is what the deal is looking like

Thomas Neal,Runzler,1 of Crawford/Culberson/Noonan for Dan Uggla

They are HOT after him so much so as they arent talking to any other teams or FA until they talk to Florida tonight

Would also free up Pinto to be dealt
      Would hate that deal. We can't get 3-4 role players/at best will have one borderline all star season as a fluke in their career type for Uggla. Find out what it takes to get Bumgarner and make it happen or don't make a bad deal.

Comment

role players are what make a team IMO. Finding 3-4 solid average players is more important to me than one above average player, but that's my two cents
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Can I assume these guys are all prospects? What are the chances that all them don't pan out? I just hope we don't jump the gun
          Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
            role players are what make a team IMO. Finding 3-4 solid average players is more important to me than one above average player, but that's my two cents
            Yea but you should get role players for next to nothing, you don't get role players by trading away one of your most valuable players for them.

Comment

they're guys who are pretty much what they are.

neal had a monster year in high a as a 21 year old after a solid year last year.

dan runzler is a pretty solid ready-now loogy

nick noonan had lots of speed that disappeared last year. not really cut out to be a leadoff hitter or anything because he doesn't have much of an eye. culberson is much the same. both are former first rounders.

brandon crawford is an all around average shortstop. average contact, average eye, average speed. probably projects as a 15/15 guy
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I think some of you are either over valuing Uggla trade value or don't know nothing about Neal and Runzler

(Can send BA scouting reports to those interested)
                Last edited by LocoMarlinFan; 12-07-2009, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Sabean has already said they won't deal them(Bumgarner,Wheeler,Posey)

Well Runzler is a LOOGY who would be on the 25 man roster and make Pinto gone. He will be 25 6'4 235lbs 5-1 0.76 ERA 17 saves in minors last year over 4 levels

Neal is 1B/OF 6'1 205lbs and 22 yr old 337 412B 22HR 90RBI in Hi A ball

Other guys are 2B types with Crawford oldest and best guy at 22 who can play 2B,SS,3B

BA has them ranked #4,#5,and #9 in the Giants Top Prospects

Comment

Neal = Cal League. That's all I need to know about him. His other numbers are pedestrian, the scouting reports for him were always below average and all of a sudden he catches fire in the cal league. Very typical, and the other thing that usually happens next with these guys is they get promoted and they come back to where they belong...mediocrity.

Comment

at this point, they're better off holding onto Uggla

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                        at this point, they're better off holding onto Uggla
                        Yep. Problem is I can so see this deal with the Giants happening tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Godfather View Post
                          Neal = Cal League. That's all I need to know about him. His other numbers are pedestrian, the scouting reports for him were always below average and all of a sudden he catches fire in the cal league. Very typical, and the other thing that usually happens next with these guys is they get promoted and they come back to where they belong...mediocrity.
                          By no means I believe Neal will continue to put up the numbers he posted in the hitters friendly Cal-league last season but I do believe he is a pretty good hitting prospect (B) Prospect.

If we do get Neal(B), Runzler(B-), and Noonan(C) for Uggla I would be pleased. In our farm system Neal would be #5 prospect, Runzler #6, and Noonan is pretty much equal to Jake Smolinski. Also happen to believe Runzler has Matt Thornton (CWS) like potential. (The walks do scare me though)

Link on Giants prospects http://www.minorleagueball.com/2009/...p-20#storyjump

Comment

Whatever happened to ML ready talent, the only guy in this package that is ready is runzler and he's a relief pitcher..

Comment

Not a good package. Needs a better piece to match with Runzler.

Comment

On the Dan Uggla front, multiple sources monitoring the situation suggested the Marlins might not trade Uggla until free agents Matt Holliday and/or Jason Bay sign.
                                http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,4206508.story

Comment

Working...
                                X