Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

His Name is Trade Bait (Dan Uggla Trade Talk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His Name is Trade Bait (Dan Uggla Trade Talk)

Madison Bumgarner has been requested by the Marlins in a trade for Dan Uggla.
    Giants manager Brian Sabean declined the trade, saying he won't give up any "prime assets" for a slugger nearing free agency. He also mentioned hoping to keep Bumgarner in Triple-A for the year and inking a No. 5 starter to soak up innings. If such a starter can't be found, the 20 year old could be in line for a rotation spot. In 2009, Bumgarner pitched 10 innings of a 1.80 ERA for the Giants while finishing 12-2 with a 1.85 ERA in the minor leagues.

Source: San Jose Mercury News
    That seems a little far fetched, a rotation starting with Johnson, Nolasco and Bumgarner would be awesome. Maybe we can throw in Lindstrom and see what they say.
    Last edited by Party; 12-06-2009, 10:16 AM.

1 of them is TEXAS

They are interested in a package of Lindstrom and Uggla as well as just Lindstrom

Comment

God damn I want MadBum so bad
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

his velocity was down this year and k rate as well. Doubt it affects his value that much though, could just be dead arm for getting over pitched.

Would be an amazing trade no way I see it happening.

Comment

Madison Bumgarner sounds like the name of a blond Southern sorority girl. (Think UVA or UNC Chapel Hill) I think we should pass.

This is a corollary to Organizational Rule #764.

Comment

INDIANAPOLIS -- Greetings from the heart of Indiana, where baseball's annual winter meetings are underway and a big arctic storm is heading in this direction. It could be a race to see which gets here first -- the Marlins contingent or the storm, as we've been told that Larry Beinfest and his gang aren't scheduled to arrive until tonight.

That means if Dan Uggla, Matt Lindstrom and Renyel Pinto are to be dealt between now and then, it'll have to be done by phone. Otherwise, it could be Tuesday before any news comes out of the Marlins camp.

Lindstrom trade rumors are swirling, but I'm told that the Rangers' interest in the hard-throwing reliever is not as strong as some reports have led to believe. And the Rays' interest in Lindstrom is mild at best.

Pinto is a goner. The question is when.

As for Uggla, I'm beginning to think the Marlins aren't having an easy time trading him. They'd prefer a high-level prospect for the second baseman, but they might have to lower their expectations in order to complete a deal. The Marlins are known for their fast trigger finger on trades. That it has taken this long to unload Uggla tells me their asking price is probably too high.
            http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_...r-engines.html

Comment

fuckin keep him for a few months then

selling low on him is retarded

Comment

they'll do it anyway

then to make us angrier they'll leave coghlan in left
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

If that's the case trade Cantu and maybe Nunez and keep Uggla. Of course we all know that is not going to happen.

Comment

I would have no problem getting whatever we can get for Dan if it's to open 2B for Coghlan and to free up money to sign JJ.

Since we'll do neither, my head's going to explode. I'm with Ramp, we're telling everyone we can afford to keep the entire roster together, fucking do it, "buy" credibility...maybe then you can get what you want for a 4th or 5th year arby player.

Comment

#Marlins General feeling in lobby is Uggla's best fit is San Fran. Sweetening the pot, adding more players, may be needed to get it done.
                      http://twitter.com/JoeFrisaro

Comment

Uggla and Dominguez for Bumgarner? Wonder what kind of prospect it would take to package with uggs to get what we want in Bumgarner.

Comment

Problem with them is they don't have the OOMMPH name (cause it's not like we're getting Posey or Bum).

Neal is a nice prospect. Runzler would help us immediately and probably be a good arm for years in the pen. The rest of their farm is nothing to get that excited about. Don't you have to get something a little bit better in the first player?

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                            Problem with them is they don't have the OOMMPH name (cause it's not like we're getting Posey or Bum).

Neal is a nice prospect. Runzler would help us immediately and probably be a good arm for years in the pen. The rest of their farm is nothing to get that excited about. Don't you have to get something a little bit better in the first player?
                            SF has said they will not deal Bumgarner,Posey,Wheeler,or Villalona(No interest)

That is what the deal is looking like

Thomas Neal,Runzler,1 of Crawford/Culberson/Noonan for Dan Uggla

They are HOT after him so much so as they arent talking to any other teams or FA until they talk to Florida tonight

Would also free up Pinto to be dealt

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              SF has said they will not deal Bumgarner,Posey,Wheeler,or Villalona(No interest)

That is what the deal is looking like

Thomas Neal,Runzler,1 of Crawford/Culberson/Noonan for Dan Uggla

They are HOT after him so much so as they arent talking to any other teams or FA until they talk to Florida tonight

Would also free up Pinto to be dealt
                              Thomas Neal, Dan Runzler, and Nick Noonan is a pretty impressive return for Uggla IMO. If your source is correct and the Giants are in fact offering this package, we would be stupid to turn it down.

Comment

Working...
                              X