This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felix Pie
    Do we have a throw up smiley? I could not find it if we do.

Comment

• Well, this pretty much confirms that Johnson is going to be Marlin for a long time.

Comment

• I'd rather have JJ for 4 years but if we aren't resigning him this offseason and we passed up feliz/smoak we're just stupid

then again we were stupid when we didn't draft smoak in the first place
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
          I'd rather have JJ for 4 years but if we aren't resigning him this offseason and we passed up feliz/smoak we're just stupid

then again we were stupid when we didn't draft smoak in the first place
          This is also the same team that said no to Kemp/Billingsley/Loney at the trade deadline for Cabrera, and then traded him for a third of that in the offseason.

Comment

• This doesn't confirm anything, just like a Joe Frisaro about what DTrain's agent said about Josh Johnson after 30 minutes of negotiations doesn't confirm anything.

Speaking of confirmation, did we ever get confirmation that we actually turned that stuff down?

Comment

• If we turned that deal down, then it is, in fact, confirmation that we are going to lock him up, as we are not going to see a better offer than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                If we turned that deal down, then it is, in fact, confirmation that we are going to lock him up, as we are not going to see a better offer than that.
                I don't see how it's a confirmation that we'd lock him up if we think we're competing next year and then trade him for less next offseason

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                  I don't see how it's a confirmation that we'd lock him up if we think we're competing next year and then trade him for less next offseason
                  You honestly think we'd turn that deal down if we don't plan on signing him long term?

Comment

• Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
                    This doesn't confirm anything, just like a Joe Frisaro about what DTrain's agent said about Josh Johnson after 30 minutes of negotiations doesn't confirm anything.

Speaking of confirmation, did we ever get confirmation that we actually turned that stuff down?
                    Is there really anyway for us to "confirm" anything?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...2007&fext=.jsp is the source I can find about it at the moment, and that was at the beginning of the off season.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                    You honestly think we'd turn that deal down if we don't plan on signing him long term?
                    If what we did with Cabs is right, yes.
                    --------------------
                    well, what do you mean "don't plan on signing him long term"?

We've been PLANNING to sign him long term since during the season

that's never stopped
                    Last edited by nny; 12-08-2009, 06:48 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• overheard hallway gossip isnt a good source......

and false twitter acounts too
                      Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                      Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                      Tom Koehler(4-0)
                      AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                        Is there really anyway for us to "confirm" anything?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...2007&fext=.jsp is the source I can find about it at the moment, and that was at the beginning of the off season.
                        --------------------

If what we did with Cabs is right, yes.
                        --------------------
                        well, what do you mean "don't plan on signing him long term"?

We've been PLANNING to sign him long term since during the season

that's never stopped
                        Yeah I should rephrase that; I mean that we must be very confident that we will be able to lock him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                          Yeah I should rephrase that; I mean that we must be very confident that we will be able to lock him up.
                          That's what I figured. I'd certainly say "common sense" would be that they're confident they would, but if the cabs stuff is true, that means they have a track record of not selling at the best offer.

Comment

• Yes this was and is a real rumor and NO we have rejected it.

Marlins told Texas they were busy with other stuff. But conclusion is if they wont take some time to work on the deal that JJ is gonna be resigned and they have no interest in talking about him to anyone

Comment

• That's a retardedly non-sequitor conclusion.

We're "busy," ergo Johnson is re-signed.

Comment

• I agree with Swift. These two things do not logically follow from one another.

Hell, I could argue that the front office's "We're busy" line worries me about the status of our Uggla talks. (As in, we can't even think about anything related to JJ right now because we are losing ground and focus in our talks.)

Comment

Working...
                                X