Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greg Burns and Defense (subtitle: Holy Shit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Burns and Defense (subtitle: Holy Shit)

So I was just checking the total stats of our AFL guys and loling at greg burns line (.200/.667/.600/1.267. Here's a break down of his 12 PAs: 7 walks, 3 strike outs, 1 triple, 1 ground out )

I hopped over to his minorleaguesplit page, hoping that with his bad overall numbers that maybe he had a huge split and could atleast be useful against RHP (there's a split but he still sucks).

I then hopped to his defensive page.

and was just like

He was at +29 runs in CF this year in 435 chances going by TZ. His TZ/150: +41. +41 runs in 150 games.

To put that in perspective, if he puts up a terrible .650 OPS, he'd be on par production wise with a .810 OPS CFer.

I mean obviously with his speed he's gonna be a plus defensive CFer, but that's just crazy.

Now he probably isn't this good. He was at +13 (+20 TZ/150) last year. And a lot likely has to do with being in Jupiter these past two years in that oh so spacious park: He was +12 home/+1 away last year, +19 home/+9 away this year.

And in Greensboro and Jamestown, both tiny parks, he was -1/-7/-3 in '05/'06/'07.

Still, I think it's something to monitor. He might be able to develop into a ok back up CFer. Though really, with his strike outs, he's going to likely be nothing cry cry cry.

He's absolutely garbage offensively. Not enough balls hit to CF to overcome the suckfest that is his bat

Comment

He's got a cannon for an arm too.

Comment

BC lite glove-wise?
        Originally posted by Matt Wilson
        Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
        Tom Koehler(4-0)
        AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Even if he is that good defensively, I doubt he gets any real shot at the bigs unless he cuts down on strike outs a lot and be able to hit for an average of about .260. Just making contact and getting the ball on the ground is his number 1 priority now. If he can do that he probably has a future somewhere

Comment

To his credit he gets on base at a decent clip, generally. He just sucks at every other aspect of hitting.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
            X