A Look Back at the 2011 Top 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
    Not yet. I've been wanting to. I just haven't had time to try and master the stats. I mentioned it during the summer that I would be willing to learn and try and accept these stats but I just haven't had time. Maybe over Christmas break I will look into it. I honestly just don't know where to start.
    Do it. They aren't difficult to learn at all, they're just different.

I can hook you up with an electronic copy right now if you want. It's a good first step in learning what needs to be learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
      Do it. They aren't difficult to learn at all, they're just different.

I can hook you up with an electronic copy right now if you want. It's a good first step in learning what needs to be learned.
      I'm home for Christmas break now. I wonder if Wal-Mart will have it. If not, I may look into that Maingy.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
        I care about average, I like to think people that work in baseball care about average, but don't look at it as an end all be all (like, for example, Pierre's 2003 showing that his serviceable OBP was very lucky).
        I meant as a standalone like what FML did. Obviously it's useful in conjunction with other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
          Basically. I did it last year on here and no one bitched this much.
          Did you do it on here or did you post a link to it? If you posted a link to it I 100% did not read it. If you just put it in a regular post, I 100% did not read it.

Comment

The latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
              I saw that. So I looked to see where he had Skipworth, figuring it was higher than 15. It was. But if that's the case, and Realmuto is the top catching prospect, then whaaaaaaa?
              To be fair it is a recap meaning it should have last seasons rankings which it does and he is discussing the present.

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                To be fair it is a recap meaning it should have last seasons rankings which it does and he is discussing the present.
                Exactly. I wasn't dissecting every nook and cranny, just "hey these guys were listed as the top 30 and here's how they faired." Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

It didn't accurately say how they well they faired.

Comment

Just top Colts. Come on.

Comment

You got to put BB/K numbers and innings/at bats for hitters and pitchers in addition to avg/obp/slug and era/whip. Amount of bombs is good too, and anything random, like absurd amounts of wild pitches, really fantastic SB numbers, or severe RHP/LHP/Home/Away/Pre/Post splits. It also doesn't hurt to then look at the overall "league" stats for whatever player you are looking for, and see if he is doing well compared to other players and alleged top prospects in that league. Runs, RBI, Wins, Losses, Saves... this isn't fantasy baseball.

I honestly think that's the minimum if you are going to do this. I appreciate the update and I mean this to be encouraging, but you can throw another hour at this and take this from a C- to a B+ real quick and shut everyone up.
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by dim View Post
                      So we're now at...

1. Yelich
                      2. Dominguez
                      3. James
                      4. Fernandez
                      5. Ozuna
                      (with Realmuto close to becoming one of our top prospects)

???
                      Well I would put the top 10 at this without thinking to much. It's a complete crapshoot past 6, and an even bigger one past 8, but there's not much upside anywhere else.

Yelich
                      Fernandez
                      Dominguez
                      James
                      Realmuto
                      Ozuna
                      Conley
                      Rasmussen
                      Perio
                      Hope
                      Last edited by lou; 12-13-2011, 10:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                      X